Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Aquaman Isn’t Aquaman In “Justice League”

momoa-aquaman-isnt-aquaman-in-justice-league-696x464.jpg

Though briefly teased in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” the upcoming “Justice League” film marks the first real appearance of Jason Momoa as Aquaman.

Surprisingly though, and despite the presence of several characters who will return in James Wan’s solo “Aquaman” movie, it seems Momoa’s take on Arthur Curry in the ‘League’ ensemble film won’t have him as the King of Atlantis just yet. The actor explained his story arc to CBM this week:

“Aquaman, he’s not even really Aquaman yet. He’s not the King of the Seven Seas. We don’t really get there until my solo movie, at the end. Really, it’s a huge growth for me. It’s a gigantic arc for Arthur Curry. It may be tough for a lot of fans to watch what they’re gonna see, how I portray him. But you gotta wait until we get to the solo movie to really know. Because he’s not King yet.

He doesn’t believe in himself, he doesn’t know what to do with the powers he has. He’s going through tons of loss. He hates Atlanteans. The fact that people are calling him ‘Aquaman’ right now – he couldn’t give two s–ts about anything Atlantean. So he’s really not quite there yet… We gotta figure out the origin, where we’re going. Some people will be like, ‘This isn’t my Aquaman.’ But we’re not there yet.”

The quote comes as Patrick Wilson has reportedly wrapped his scenes as Ocean Master in the “Aquaman” film which is still continuing production in Australia ahead of its release December next year. “Justice League” opens in cinemas this November.

Doctor Omega

“Justice League” Two-Hour Runtime Was Mandated

justice-league-two-hour-runtime-was-mandated-696x464.jpg

The other week came the news that Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon’s “Justice League” film will clock in at a surprisingly tight runtime of 119 minutes – over a half-hour shorter than the “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” theatrical cut.

In a new report in The Wall Street Journal, it turns out the shorter runtime was deliberate – in fact it was mandated by Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara. Tsujihara reportedly made it quite clear he wanted the film to come in under two hours.

The paper has done a breakdown on the film saying when Snyder delivered his cut earlier this year, the studio felt there had definitely been progress with the lighter elements, but the film needed more work. That’s when Joss Whedon was brought in to write scenes for the reshoots, and then ultimately oversaw “significant” reshoots after Snyder’s departure.

This meant a lot of post-production work was spent melding the tones of Whedon and Snyder’s style into a seamless movie. Numerous edits have been tested and reportedly the most recent ones have hewed close to how “Wonder Woman” scored and the studio is reportedly pretty happy with the finished product – even with a final budget standing at around $300 million.

Unlike BvS, don’t expect an extended or director’s cut down the line as Whedon has no director credit on the final film and Snyder is no longer involved with the movie. “Justice League” opens in cinemas on November 17th.

Doctor Omega

“Justice League” Post-Credits Scene Confirmed

momoa-confirms-justice-league-post-credits-scene-696x464.jpg

“Man of Steel” and “Wonder Woman” didn’t have one, “Suicide Squad” did, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” was going to but ultimately didn’t and ended up posting it online.

Now, actor Jason Momoa has confirmed that the upcoming “Justice League” film will have a post-credits scene, and from the sounds of it there’s something to it. In an interview with BBC Radio 2, the host asked Momoa if fans should sit through the credits:

“They do. You’ve gotta sit through the whole thing. Go through the credits… I’m not usually someone to stay through the credits – I got excited. Listen, I walked out with my kids. And everyone was like, ‘Ooh, ooh, ooh!’ and I had to run back in because I forgot that it was in the script.”

As part of the same interview, Momoa spoke about playing Aquaman and the differences we’ll see in his character in “Justice League” and next year’s solo film with his character:

“[Justice League] is kind of like a weekend in Aquaman’s life. When people see it, he’s very gruff, he stirs the pot, he’s kind of a devil’s advocate, he’s kind of grumpy. But I’ve just finished my solo movie, and you really get to see where this beautiful boy came from and what his life was like and what was ripped away from him. And how he kind of became who he was, and who he lost, and why he’s covering up so many things. So once we get here, you really get to see him at his lowest. Doesn’t like Atlantis, doesn’t like humans, and he wants to be left alone. It makes you curious about what happened to him. And then we’re going to have to see that character eventually turn into the kind and unite the land and sea, so it has a lot of places to go.”

The comments come as Ben Affleck has remained reticent to confirming he’ll do more Batman movies, telling Extra TV that: “we’ll see what the future holds”. The focus beyond ‘League’ and “Aquaman” is on “Wonder Woman 2” and “Flashpoint” with the latter expected to secure a director fairly soon.

“Justice League” hits cinemas on November 17th.

Doctor Omega

Press rounds have begun for the “Justice League” movie with producers Deborah Snyder and Charles Roven offering some comments about the big-budget DC superhero team-up project.

As neither original director Zack Snyder or reshoots helmer Joss Whedon are doing media, the producers are proving the main go to people for any questions regarding the film and at a press conference this week Deborah Snyder (Zack’s wife) says she hopes audiences will come into the film fresh:

“I think, for us, this whole thing [Zack’s departure] is so bittersweet. We had been working on this franchise for the last, almost eight years [from] when we’d been developing the script for ‘Man of Steel,’ and then we moved on to ‘BvS’ and also, Zack developed the story for ‘Wonder Woman,’ which was leading up to the point of ‘Justice League,’ where the characters were going to come together.

I mean, this was a great hero’s journey, and a journey for these characters to be the characters that they are today. So not being able to complete his vision was extremely difficult. Our feeling is, we’re hoping that people don’t think about how this movie was made when they go to see it, because these characters are bigger than any director, they’re bigger than any of us. We love and adore these characters.”

Of the mish mashing of directorial styles, Roven tells Newsday that the film is directed by Zack but has “some influence” by Joss and while it’s the lightest DCEU film so far, it’s not a comedy. Reviews for the film go live from 2:50am US-EST on Wednesday next week.

You can watch the entire press conference below:

Doctor Omega

“Justice League” Is 15-20% Whedon

justice-league-is-15-20-whedon-696x464.jpg

We know that when Zack Snyder stepped away and Joss Whedon took over as director of “Justice League” during some of the post-production and reshoots, a good portion of the film was reshot and altered to both better suit Whedon’s sensibilities and to better blend the two different styles of directors.

How much of the final cut of the film was directed by Whedon isn’t clear, and now producer Chuck Roven has spoken with The Washington Times and seemingly reveals how much Whedon altered the movie:

“The goal is to make sure when you’re watching the movie, it all feels cohesive. That imprint that Joss had, some aspect of it is going to come out in the direction, but the actors are already pretty much down the road on their arcs. Let’s just say 80, 85 percent of the movie is what was originally shot. There’s only so much you can do with other 15, 20 percent of the movie.”

The film’s Rotten Tomatoes score is under wraps until Thursday, but full reviews are expected to hit later today/early tomorrow ahead of the film’s theatrical run. Roven also confirmed that a sequel to “Man of Steel” is still without a script and only in the discussion phase.

Doctor Omega

“Justice League” Scores $13M Preview Night

justice-league-art-book-cover-new-pics-696x464.jpg

Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” film pulled in $13 million in Thursday night previews in the United States, higher than the $11 million that “Wonder Woman” made earlier this year but behind the $14.5 million that “Thor: Ragnarok” pulled in last month.

For now, “Justice League” remains on track for a $110-115 million start domestically for the weekend – dramatically behind the $166 million opening of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” last year. THR says that: “if a B character from Marvel shut downs and outperforms the A team from DC, that’s an embarrassment… it’s going to be a stressful weekend for some [Warners] execs.” Reviews for the title remained mixed.

Variety reports that with reshoots the film’s production budget came in at “well over $250 million” which means the film has to earn at least $600 million to break even, likely higher. The film is now playing in theaters worldwide.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Just back from seeing it and I have to say that overall I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect mainly suffering from having to set up Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg as well as Steppenwolf and the mother boxes. Overall the set up was done pretty well, giving enough back story to give us an idea of the characters and their motivations but leaving enough to explore in their solo movies. But the need to set up so much stuff was a bit of a drag on the front end of the movie. The other issue was one which is becoming unfortunately common to superhero movies. The big fight scene at the end between the heroes and an army of faceless CGI robots/minions. Unfortunately because this is becoming so common it doesn't feel threatening anymore.

Despite this it was overall a pretty enjoyable movie. The performances of Ezra Miller as The Flash and Jason Moama as Aquaman made me look forward to their solo movies with some anticipation. And finally Henry Cavill gave us a Superman I enjoyed seeing in action (and I think he had more lines in this movie than he did in Batman v Superman).

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I found it flawed but enjoyable, definitely worth going to see. Here's a link to my review for anyone who's interested:
https://davecsimpson.wordpress.com/2017/11/19/you-cant-save-the-dceu-alone-justice-league-review/
Great review and it seems that your opinion of the movie is similar to mine. They're not quite there yet but they're well on the way to a quality superhero universe. If they can follow this up with decent Aquaman and Flash movies (and based on the performances of those two that shouldn't be hard) they'll have gone a long way to redeeming themselves from the poor start they had.

Doctor Omega

A petition has already sprung up to get a release of Zack Snyder's version on blu-ray, along with the original soundtrack score......

Zack Snyder's Director's Cut and Tom Holkenborg's (Junkie XL) Score for Home Release.

okxqsSIrSOphAwy-800x450-noPad.jpg

https://www.change.org/p/warner-bro...-release-e90fef07-11c6-4a9a-9ae8-375c7717dafa

We the undersigned make this petition, because during the last few months, the film Justice League underwent a few changes in terms of composer and runtime. Zack Snyder, director of the film, screened Justice League to Warner Bros. executives earlier this year, they where happy with the film, but the director himself felt the film needed something more, he contacted Joss Whedon, director of The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron, to write a few additional scenes with plans to shoot them over the summer, but an unfortunate tragedy in his family happened and he understandably had to step down, Warner Bros. following Snyder's departure, released a statement saying that Justice League will be finished as Zack Snyder's vision, but a week after that statement, composer Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL) was replaced with Danny Elfman, much to the dismay of fans, who were concerned about the thematic compositional elements from Man of Steel and Batman v Superman being changed, due to the change in composer. In early October cinemas confirmed that the runtime for Justice League will be 2hrs long, much to the shock of fans, who were asking themselves: "how will a film that has 6 main characters, their supporting players, a story that revolves around an alien invasion, the terraforming of earth and the return of a familiar face, would fit in a 2hr runtime?", Many film critics, websites and journalists started comparing the runtime to Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope, stating that the sci-fi/fantasy film dealt with 5 characters, the introduction of a mythology and an intergalactic war, but the difference between Justice League and Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope is very simple: Justice League as mentioned earlier, revolves around a plot to terraform earth, an alien invasion, 4 new characters, their backstories and their motivations, the development of 2 other characters from previous entries in the DC Extended Universe and the return of a familiar face that need development and I will explain myself. The DC Extended Universe is based on DC comics, a brand of comic books that writes superheroes, villains and other characters from different backgrounds with different backstories and motivations, that are relatable to the reader with themes that mirror the real world, for example, Man of Steel was the first entry in the the DC Extended Universe, the film revolved around an alien trying to find his place in the world, while dealing with his past, alien origins, superhuman abilities and a plot that revolved around first contact with an alien civilization, while the sequel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice revolved around the existence of an alien and his purpose in the world, how humanity reacted to him, how they were divided and ultimately united, because ofnhim, the different philosophies, ideologies and motivations of a man coming to gripes with his past, the reality of aliens living amongst humans and the realization that such alien could be dangerous, a man with a childhood trauma, who wants to get rid of abusive figures and who realizes that power is not innocent and the perception of humans towards the alien in question. Justice League is the culmination of the alien's story and the beginning of a new chapter in the DC Extended Universe. Fans have been waiting for years, while others have waited decades for the film to finally arrive on the silver screen. The 2hr runtime is disrespectful towards Zack Snyder's vision and towards the fans who have waited for more than a year to see the alien's story come to an end.

Doctor Omega

Just found this too.....

Snow Steam Iron Zack Snyder Short Film : After stepping out of Justice League, director Zack Snyder did a short film for his fans. This beautiful short film from Zack Snyder was shot on an iphone, with little help from his crew of course. Snow steam iron is artistic and amazing on every frame and hes it does have the Zack snyder signature style which a lot of people including me loves.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
A petition has already sprung up to get a release of Zack Snyder's version on blu-ray, along with the original soundtrack score......

Zack Snyder's Director's Cut and Tom Holkenborg's (Junkie XL) Score for Home Release.

View attachment 4861

https://www.change.org/p/warner-bro...-release-e90fef07-11c6-4a9a-9ae8-375c7717dafa

We the undersigned make this petition, because during the last few months, the film Justice League underwent a few changes in terms of composer and runtime. Zack Snyder, director of the film, screened Justice League to Warner Bros. executives earlier this year, they where happy with the film, but the director himself felt the film needed something more, he contacted Joss Whedon, director of The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron, to write a few additional scenes with plans to shoot them over the summer, but an unfortunate tragedy in his family happened and he understandably had to step down, Warner Bros. following Snyder's departure, released a statement saying that Justice League will be finished as Zack Snyder's vision, but a week after that statement, composer Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL) was replaced with Danny Elfman, much to the dismay of fans, who were concerned about the thematic compositional elements from Man of Steel and Batman v Superman being changed, due to the change in composer. In early October cinemas confirmed that the runtime for Justice League will be 2hrs long, much to the shock of fans, who were asking themselves: "how will a film that has 6 main characters, their supporting players, a story that revolves around an alien invasion, the terraforming of earth and the return of a familiar face, would fit in a 2hr runtime?", Many film critics, websites and journalists started comparing the runtime to Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope, stating that the sci-fi/fantasy film dealt with 5 characters, the introduction of a mythology and an intergalactic war, but the difference between Justice League and Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope is very simple: Justice League as mentioned earlier, revolves around a plot to terraform earth, an alien invasion, 4 new characters, their backstories and their motivations, the development of 2 other characters from previous entries in the DC Extended Universe and the return of a familiar face that need development and I will explain myself. The DC Extended Universe is based on DC comics, a brand of comic books that writes superheroes, villains and other characters from different backgrounds with different backstories and motivations, that are relatable to the reader with themes that mirror the real world, for example, Man of Steel was the first entry in the the DC Extended Universe, the film revolved around an alien trying to find his place in the world, while dealing with his past, alien origins, superhuman abilities and a plot that revolved around first contact with an alien civilization, while the sequel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice revolved around the existence of an alien and his purpose in the world, how humanity reacted to him, how they were divided and ultimately united, because ofnhim, the different philosophies, ideologies and motivations of a man coming to gripes with his past, the reality of aliens living amongst humans and the realization that such alien could be dangerous, a man with a childhood trauma, who wants to get rid of abusive figures and who realizes that power is not innocent and the perception of humans towards the alien in question. Justice League is the culmination of the alien's story and the beginning of a new chapter in the DC Extended Universe. Fans have been waiting for years, while others have waited decades for the film to finally arrive on the silver screen. The 2hr runtime is disrespectful towards Zack Snyder's vision and towards the fans who have waited for more than a year to see the alien's story come to an end.
Um...how about no.

Doctor Omega

“Justice League” Headed For $50-100M Loss

hear-junkie-xls-axed-justice-league-theme-696x464.jpg

Having crunched the numbers in the wake of the film’s $94 million domestic debut, the lowest of any DCEU film to date, Forbes is reporting that “Justice League” is on course for a final gross of around $635 million.

They also estimate with the film’s $300 million production budget plus marketing and exhibition cuts, the movie will have to make $700-750 million worldwide to turn a profit. As a result, it looks as though Warner Bros. may be facing a $50 to $100 million loss on the film. Repeat business could close the gap somewhat, but one thing is clear – this is neither a hit nor does it bode well for the future of the DCEU.

Jason Momoa, who stars in the film as Aquaman, has also spoken some more to EWabout the elements of his story that didn’t make the final cut of the film:

“The challenging part is [the ‘Justice League’ story] is only about a weekend in Arthur Curry’s life. [Fans] might be like, ‘Why is he that grumpy? Why’s he hiding up there?’ We had it all planned out. A lot of things got cut. But it’s not my movie. It’s a huge movie introducing three new characters, and for myself and The Flash and Cyborg, there was a lot that was there we just couldn’t get in.

It could have been two movies. We had some stuff with Willem Dafoe. The whole Atlantean part, about me being this reluctant king. There was no need for it because you’re going to see it in ‘Aquaman.’ It’s not an Aquaman movie, it’s a Justice League movie.”

That does seem to confirm that Zack Snyder’s original vision was for a decidedly longer movie which got cut back severely by the studio and Joss Whedon. Even so, Momoa says he’s very happy with the finished product.

Doctor Omega

Justice League” cinematographer Fabian Wagner has thrown his support behind a fan outcry for a longer cut of the film to become available. He tells Heat Vision:

“What I love about his [Snyder’s] director’s cuts is they are long, but he takes his time to tell the story. I’ve never watched any of his directors cut and thought ‘This is long.” Whether they are three hours long, or three hours and ten minutes, they always seemed to go quick.”