Fun Life (as You See It)

Does Life Have Meaning?

• YES: We are all here for a reason!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO: It's all so bloody pointless!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DON'T ASK ME: I'm stuck in the middle.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
stufftoblowyourmind-23-2013-12-galaxysong.jpg

What's the purpose of it all?

Does life even have a purpose?

Let's settle this once and for all....

Just how do you see life?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The hardest pill to swallow in all this is that - if the universe doesn't care... if there is no God....

Then all the thousands of millions of people who died because of their faith... or were persecuted for their faith - or who persecuted others and burned them for not having faith....

Throughout the centuries and even in this century...

They were all mistaken.

That's brutal.

All those decent people slaughtered.

All that pointless loss.... just written off as we realise the nihilistic truth?

All of it due to mistaken belief.

But can one actually be a positive nihilist?

Or is it too dark a philosophy to accept and embrace?

As the universe keeps "boogieing along", not giving a damn about any of us?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may sound trite, applying the above philosophy to the movies, but the main reason I love films such as ALIEN 3 and BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES is their nihilistic approach.

The universe does not seem to care about us on this speck and life is brutally unfair. But that does not mean that we can't be noble and strive to do heroic things.

Last edited:

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
I guess I'm a nihilist. There is no purpose to our existence except what we give ourselves and morality is a cultural and social construct. Morality exists because we say it exists, we collectively define it, but there is no morality outside culture.

Doctor Omega

Anthony Hopkins - What's The Meaning Of Life | One Of The Most Eye Opening Speeches

A man who does not like to talk, but when he does, he always leaves a mark with his words. He is real, honest and motivating. He's Anthony Hopkins. Thank you and don't forget to share, to motivate and inspire another people! If you think this video can help someone, please SHARE it! I just hope this video will be helpful for somebody. Thank you!

Doctor Omega

THE MEANING OF LIFE | MUSLIM SPOKEN WORD | HD

We spend so much time living life, yet not enough time thinking about what are we doing alive. Ponder over the meaning of life, the purpose of our existence, who is responsible for our creation and what happens when we leave. If you don't want to think about where you came from, at least think about where you are going to go when it's all over.

Equality_7-2521

Member: Rank 2
Biologically, the point of life is to survive and pass on your genes (if you are genetically worthy, in theory).

Philosophically, the answer is the same.

The biggest problem is that humans have enough intelligence to cheat Mr. Darwin and so muddy the gene pool that there are only rare pockets of genetic material that are truly worthy of being passed on to our posterity. Of course, this propensity to to procreate is also a biological imperative, therefore, we will simply breed ourselves out of meaningful existence.

This leads to the controversial topic of eugenics.

Eugenically-speaking, we all know that some people simply shouldn't be allowed to breed, but to deny them that freedom would defy the basic principles of what we know as "rights".

In the meantime, the so-called "elites" have been following a (more or less) successful breeding plan for millennia: those that have the desired traits are married off, within a certain genetic circle, to others with those traits. Occasionally, someone from the "lower classes" will exhibit and take advantage of similar traits to move "upward" and breed within the proper genetic pool.

However, this too is beset with problems. Just as the "Royal Families of Europe" began to develop genetic "frailties" so too has the new crop of "elites" diluted the gene pool with their "inadequate" DNA: they simply aren't as adaptable as they need to be.

Adaptability is what will ensure survival in the long run. "Fittest" has nothing to do with strength or intelligence, only adaptability.