Review Logan Lucky (2017) Aug 18th

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
first-trailer-steven-soderberghs-logan-lucky-696x464.jpg

Fingerprint Releasing and Bleecker Street have premiered the trailer and poster for Steven Soderbergh’s “Logan Lucky” which opens in cinemas on August 18th. Channing Tatum served as Grand Marshal of the Coca-Cola 600 and introduced the trailer as part of his duties.

In the film brothers Jimmy (Channing Tatum) and Clyde Logan (Adam Driver) set out to execute an elaborate robbery during the legendary Coca-Cola 600 race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. To do so they need the help of a legendary safecracker (Daniel Craig).

Seth MacFarlane, Riley Keough, Katie Holmes, Katherine Waterson, Dwight Yoakam, Sebastian Stan, Brian Gleeson, Jack Quaid, and Hilary Swank also star in the film which was penned by Rebecca Blunt.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
The “Logan Lucky” Screenwriter Doesn’t Exist?

the-logan-lucky-screenwriter-doesnt-exist-696x464.jpg

In one of the most unexpected stories of the day, multiple sources tell THR that “Logan Lucky” screenwriter Rebecca Blunt doesn’t exist.

The NASCAR race heist film, which brought filmmaker Steven Soderbergh out of retirement, was penned by this apparent first-time feature writer from the UK whom the cast didn’t meet.

Yet some exchanged emails with her, and the trade indicates this was all a carefully planned ruse. The writer’s true identity is still unknown, though suspects include Soderbergh himself and/or his wife Jules Asner. The Playlist has since followed this up with a report saying they firmly believe Asner wrote it entirely herself.

Reviews for “Logan Lucky” have been very strong, and better yet it’s set to hit cinemas very soon – August 18th.

Mad_Monster_Party

Sandbox Chief Commissioner
I really didn't know what to expect from this one when I saw it last August, but I have to admit I though, overall it was really good. Did anyone else see it?
:emoji_man_dancing:

Last edited: