Review Marvel's Iron Fist (2017)

Discussion in 'TV: Current' started by Doctor Omega, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

[​IMG]

Marvel's Iron Fist, or simply Iron Fist, is an upcoming American web television series developed for Netflix by Scott Buck, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise and is the fourth in a series of shows that will lead up to The Defenders crossover miniseries. The series is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios, with Buck serving as showrunner.

Finn Jones stars as Danny Rand / Iron Fist, a martial arts expert with the ability to call upon the power of the Iron Fist. Jessica Henwick, David Wenham, Jessica Stroup, Tom Pelphrey, and Rosario Dawson also star. After a film based on the character spent over a decade in development at Marvel Studios, development for the series began in late 2013 at Marvel Television, with Buck hired as the series showrunner in December 2015 and Jones cast as Rand in February 2016. Filming began in New York City in April 2016 and concluded in October 2016.

Iron Fist is scheduled to be released on March 17, 2017. The series was panned by critics, with many criticizing the pace and storytelling, the underwhelming fight sequences, and Jones' portrayal of Rand. Some positives for the series were the appearances of established characters, Claire Temple and Jeri Hogarth, and Henwick's performance as Colleen Wing.

2. duzit

duzit Member: Rank 7

I'm curious about this upcoming series, will be checking it out over the weekend...will come back with
    my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 7

I finished this the night before last, and I loved it. Sure, it drags in spots (around episodes 10 and 11), but for the most part, I really thought it was good. The fight choreography wasn't the best, which Finn claims was due to the tight filming schedule, but it was really fun to see him on screen. The rest of the cast was excellent, lots of callbacks to the other Marvel shows, and should run quite nicely into DEFENDERS. Don't listen to the critics who are bad mouthing it, because they are stupid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. I_dont_care

I_dont_care Member: Rank 1

I plan to finish this if I can get my errands done today after work. I'll binge watch the remainder of the series. I've only watched four episones so far, and it's not bad...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Administrator
    Staff Member VIP

I also finished Iron Fist yesterday with my entire family watching it. They all love it, my kid is now a fan of Marvel and want to watch Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Daredevil shows before The Defenders.

Critics don't know sh*t about Marvel. The fight sequences could be better but the acting is so top notch that it make up for all the weaknesses of the show, specially for the character Ward Meachum interpreted by Tom Pelphrey, what a freaking great actor !.

All in all, a very fun and entertaining series and now I'm more hooked to watch all the rest of the series with my family!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

• Like Like x 1
  7. duzit

I'm currently on episode five. I like that the series is not rushed and a bit slow. Taking the time to lay the ground work for each character helps build an emotional connection with each character.
    Taking the time for each episode allows the showrunners & the writers to build a cohesive story line without using what we all know as "filler" or trying to "crush" to much into one episode.
    The show "Arrow" suffers from the this to often and the quality of what could be is losted.

I'm going to finishing Iron Fist soon, because the intrigue of every episode makes me want to see the next one.:emoji_hugging:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. duzit

@Alex Vojacek
    Just finished episode six. Wow what an action packed one that was,

and what a surprise that sweet, crippled, little old lady was !!!

It is very well done. I even think the openings credits are very artistically done.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

“Iron Fist” Replaces Showrunner For S2

iron-fist-replaces-showrunners-for-s2-696x464.jpg

Raven Metzner (“Sleepy Hollow,” “Falling Skies”) is set to replace Scott Buck as showrunner on the forthcoming second season of Marvel and Netflix’s “Iron Fist”.

The news comes a day after Marvel TV president Jeph Loeb announced that “Iron Fist” had been renewed for a second season at Comic-Con. The first season notably tanked with critics who slammed the show for its quality.

Buck has since moved on to serve as showrunner on Marvel and ABC’s “Inhumans” event series which is fighting back against strongly negative buzz over a month before it kicks off in IMAX cinemas.

Metzner has been involved in the Marvel universe before, penning the script for the 2005 “Elektra” film with Jennifer Garner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gavin

Gavin Member: Rank 5
    VIP

I enjoyed season 1, although I agree with some of the criticisms about the pacing. It might have worked better as a 10 episode season as there were a couple of episodes that really just felt like padding out the run time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Alice Eve Joins “Iron Fist” For Season 2

alice-eve-joins-iron-fist-for-season-2-696x464.jpg

Marvel Entertainment has announced that Alice Eve (“Star Trek Into Darkness”) has joined the cast of “Marvel’s Iron Fist” for the show’s upcoming second season.

In the second season of Marvel’s Iron Fist, Danny Rand (Finn Jones) and Colleen Wing (Jessica Henwick) set off on a new adventure as the protectors of Chinatown – where death, action and surprises await them around every corner.

Also returning are Simone Missick as Misty Knight, Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum, Jessica Stroup as Joy Meachum, and Sacha Dhawan as Danny’s childhood friend Davos. Eve’s role is currently under wraps.

No premiere date has been set for the second season.

12. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Sigh.

What on Earth can this lady bring to the franchise?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Love it! Love it! x 1