Review Midnight (2008)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0000000000.jpg 2017_4_21_DoctorWho-MidnightEntity_690-4-625x352.jpg

Your thoughts on this story.....

As part of a well-deserved holiday, the Doctor takes a tour on a planet called Midnight. Little does he know that something is knocking on the walls, although the planet shouldn't be inhabited. Soon the passengers begin to panic when one of them is possessed.

On to the next story....

TURN LEFT....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/turn-left-2008.5403/

Back to the previous story....

SILENCE IN THE LIBRARY/FOREST OF THE DEAD....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/silence-in-the-library-forest-of-the-dead-2008.5402/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

(Am just reposting this, now that there is an actual thread for the episode.....)

If Q popped up and said he was going to erase all of New Who from existence, and there was nothing I could do about it, then - after thanking him - there is perhaps only one episode that I would go out of my way to ask him to spare.

MIDNIGHT

For all of his battles throughout time and space, against all of those terrible monsters, the Doctor has, perhaps, never been so close to being undone as by a small and scared group of humans in a confined space. And admitting that he is clever makes them want to kill him even more.

As for the rest of modern Who, I would suggest that only moments are worth preserving..... The Doctor taking Van Gogh to an exhibition of his paintings, Jacobi opening the watch. Moments like that scattered throughout the whole run. Wheat amidst a lot of chaff. When all the boasting from showrunners - about how brilliant a story or episode is going to be - has died down, that is all that I think we are left with, really.

But, yeah, MIDNIGHT, I really like.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Midnight - Theatre Adaptation (Doctor Who) Technical Rehearsal

Full technical rehearsal for theatre adaptation of the Russell T Davies episode of Doctor Who: Midnight.

No audience present and some minor faults (it was a rehearsal after all) but shows how the multi media elements were incorporated into the performance with audience.