Review Moloch: Episode 37

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Blake's 7 narrative is littered with crazy paving episodes that you could never hold up if you were trying to impress people with a serious lecture on the profound dramatic quality of the show.

But, to my mind, these episodes are part of the 52 part story and the ridiculousness of some of them at least shows a willingness to fall flat on your arse in the name of imagination and creativity. Whereas today's programme makers have lost their nerve and try to keep everything of the same quality, resulting in bland television. Whatever else one could accuse something like Moloch of being, bland ain't one of them.

I like it. It is daft, breezy fun with some great characters and scenes and comic highlights, such as Servalan impatiently urging Vila to knock out the guard. Vila and his "pal" Doran are a touching relationship too and it was nice to see someone sticking up for Vila against the bully, Tarrant. I would have been happy to see Doran join the crew.

Deep Roy was in pain, recovering from broken bones gained in the fight as a Link with Pacey in TERMINAL and was furious at the cast giggling of course when he was portraying, as Paul Darrow later put it, "a piece of fried chicken as the villain".

I like this episode.

Last edited: