Information New Supergirl Film: ANNOUNCED

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Warners Plans New “Supergirl” Film

warners-plans-new-supergirl-film-696x464.jpg

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films have reportedly begun developing a new “Supergirl” film. “22 Jump Street” and “The Cloverfield Paradox” writer Oren Uziel is onboard to pen the film’s script.

In the DC Comics, Supergirl and her cousin Superman are the only ones who safely escaped their doomed planet of Krypton, both landing on Earth but with Superman beating her there by a number of years.

Both have a similar power set and the same vulnerability to Kryptonite. The studio is reportedly seeking a female director for the film, and haven’t made it clear if Henry Cavill’s Superman will appear.

The property was previously adapted onto film in 1984, and is the subject of a current The CW series.

Doctor Omega

Reed Morano Rumored To Helm “Supergirl”

reed-morano-rumored-to-helm-supergirl-696x464.jpg

Reed Morano, director of multiple episodes of Hulu’s “The Handmaid’s Tale” series, is rumored to be at the top of a wish list to direct the new “Supergirl” movie at Warner Bros. Pictures.

Geeks WorldWide broke the report, saying Morano is the studio’s first choice but they’ve yet to reach out to the director with an offer as the project is still very much in the early stages of development.

It has been previously reported that the studio wanted a female director to take the reins of the project which has not yet set a release date. At last report, Oren Uziel was attached to write the script.

Morano recently helmed the Peter Dinklage-led “I Think We’re Alone Now” and shot the Blake Lively spy thriller “The Rhythm Section”.

Doctor Omega

Supergirl

Frequent “The Handmaid’s Tale” director Reed Morano has shot down a recent rumor that she was in consideration to direct the “Supergirl” movie in development at Warner Bros. Pictures. Speaking with The Observer, Morano made her position pretty clear – it’s Internet BS:

“Actually, it’s funny — someone brought it to my attention and a couple friends of mine were like, ‘Are you doing Supergirl?’ and I said, ‘What are you talking about?’ I asked my agent ‘What the hell is this?’ and they said, ‘It’s nothing, ignore it.'”