Review Official Asian-themed-entertainment video thread

Zelena

Member: Rank 2
I'm reviving Ebossert's Official Youtube video - Asian themed entertainment thread from imdb, for music videos, commercials, film bonus material, tv outtakes, and whatever other randos. This stuff really sheds a lot of light on the cultures (and the media culture) of the countries that our favorite cinema comes from. I'm trying to think of legit reasons to connect this with asian cinema... well, a lot of famous Japanese actresses appear in commercials. And Tommy Lee Jones. And you can turn people on to good music, or just videos of girls dressed up like french maids playing hair-metal, which we watch for the ... er.. rad music. o_O

This is where it really helps to be able to embed the videos in the forum thread. So at the risk of unleashing a lot of silliness....

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
@Zelena I gotta say, I like this stuff from a distance. Those wacky Japanese and all that. But I don't have the patience, or whatever it takes, to watch nine minutes of commercials. I'll hope you'll really really pick out the must see ones for me. I enjoyed the first one. Cute cute. Shorter is better. But that shot my wad.

Zelena

Member: Rank 2
@Zelena I gotta say, I like this stuff from a distance. Those wacky Japanese and all that. But I don't have the patience, or whatever it takes, to watch nine minutes of commercials. I'll hope you'll really really pick out the must see ones for me. I enjoyed the first one. Cute cute. Shorter is better. But that shot my wad.
This was not the best week for the Japanese commercials, so I hesitated about whether to post it. Some of the "best-of" vids on that channel are just amazing. The Ayami Nakajo thing was one of the commercials posted a while back, one of the all-time greats. The Japanese ads are just so futuristic and out there, it's interesting on a sociological level. I think I missed my calling, doing that.

BuX

Member: Rank 1
Last year on UK TV, we had a programme on called Joanna Lumley's Japan. She toured Japan and visited many areas such as Fukushima Exclusion Zone, Tokyo, Hiroshima and Okinawa. While in Okinawa she met a group of elderly woman, some in their 90's who made a song and music video. I found it to be so charming so i'm sharing this with you guys.

plsletitrain

@ ebossert

Well that was......erm....awkward (for me). I guess she's an MILF now, she gave birth last year.

Step aside JJH, this is much more glamourous. Miss Universe who?

plsletitrain

Park Bo Gum showing his awesome dance moves for the promotion of Love In The Moonlight/Moonlight Drawn by Clouds:

plsletitrain

Official trailer for Philippines' Star Cinema's rom-com starring Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla (aka KathNiel loveteam). The story sounds cute but I'm really not a fan of the leads so I'll pass on this one.

sitenoise

"Physically they're large, and eat a lot of hamburgers"eating.gif "Food portions are large". Everyone said that. And commented that America is a place with people from a lot of different countries. That must seem remarkable to the homogeneous Japanese.

plsletitrain

I know I've always dissed Star Cinema movies as generic Phollywood movies but if there's one thing Star Cinema's good at, its producing quality family movies. They know how to tickle the Philippine audience, and Filipinos are known for being family-oriented people. Here's another one that will surely bring out the tears, ready the tissues.

I can't find a subbed copy but basically story is about a father who's dying (everyone's dying these days) and so he gathers his 4 children, who seem to have their own clashing personalities.