Fun Open Thread

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
My lovely Luna [doggo] and Trump... But for fun though, I am not in America and watch all these talk shows, VICE, etc and all they show is Trump lol.

I feel sad for America and I hope they can fix it without too much bloodshed [or however you say that] :P

natalie

Member: Rank 1
Anyone try out MovieChat.org yet?

I just heard about MovieChat.org and joined (I'm also a member at IMDB2, and I lurk here a lot as well). Apparently they have archived a lot of the old IMDB posts. Is anyone here a member there? I'm trying to find one "go-to" site, but there are so many options haha :emoji_dizzy_face:

Last edited by a moderator:

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
If you aren't traveling with a group of friends, go to a section of one of these new sites that interests you. If there's no action, post something and see if there are people with the same interests as you who respond. If not, try the next site.

It cracks me up at a few of these sites that there is a lot of talk about how cool the site is. Like it's more important to pick your team and defend it without doing anything else. That's not gonna last long.

What are your interests?

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I check out Moviechat.org after I watch a film. I still like to read other peoples thoughts on movies after I watched them, even if its just an archived discussion.

Anouk

Member: Rank 1
If you aren't

It cracks me up at a few of these sites that there is a lot of talk about how cool the site is. Like it's more important to pick your team and defend it without doing anything else. That's not gonna last long.
I agree. There is so much ass kissing you can do.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
@natalie
Some of the other "new" forums are already having troll problems. As a guest, read thru some of the posts to get a feel for what's going on before joining...

@TheSowIsMine

I agree w/you, I like reading reviews/opinions of others and this is a good site for doing that...

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I joined up on a few. I was a mod on a old Proboard, and Proboards can ban IP of trolls. Those forums are not bad for that reason. So far I like this board, mainly the folks here have a sense of humour. I can get away being sarcastic and warped if I need to be.

duzit

And just where is your Flux Capacitor going to take you? Have you harnessed the untapped, endless source of energy powered by the refuse of society? The future or the past is yours to have! Who knew...

Hux

Was that last night?

Yup, totally forgot. That explains why I slept in so late.

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
That's hilarious...

I never forget, my Windows [pc] always tells me a week ahead of time and has a notification in the calendar thingy until it's passed. I only have one manual clock and I set this back or forth the night before it should be done, so no trouble ever.

I am also one of those people that is not bothered by these time changes. I've heard the wierdest stories and excuses in the last 20-25 years, it's insane lol.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
not bothered by these time changes
Totally agree - suddenly it's supposed to be blighting people's body-clocks, yet it's only two times in a whole year and you get to sleep in for the spring one (unless you're a vicar, I suppose) and get your hour back in October, when you need to stock up on zzzz s to deal with trick-or-treat bratlings.
I think you have your pc better trained than mine though - it quietly adjusts its tiny clock, but doesn't make a fuss with advance warnings and the like. But hen I have an actual diary made of paper, with BST marked in in actual print. I am SUCH a Luddite sometimes.
Anyway, thanks for the hugs earlier - I'm off to watch the Wars of the Roses now (not the Kathleen Turner film) - vintage RSC from the 1960s. Have a great evening.