Review Rambo: Last Blood (2019)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Rambo 5” Is Rambo vs. Mexican Cartels

rambo-5-is-rambo-vs-mexican-cartels-696x464.jpg

Avi Lerner and his Millennium Films production company are reportedly shopping around a fifth “Rambo” film at this year’s Cannes Film Market.

Sylvester Stallone is said to be working on the script himself and is attached to reprise his role in the film as the Vietnam veteran who hates violence, but can never escape it. There’s no word if Stallone could or wishes to direct.

In this take John Rambo has returned to the U.S. and now lives on a ranch. When a friend’s daughter is kidnapped by a drug cartel, he crosses the Mexican border to get her back.

Lerner will produce the film which hasn’t had an update since 2014 when there was talk of a reboot, which never progressed. Instead the film seems to be taking the “Logan” route.

Doctor Omega

“Expendables 4,” “Rambo 5” Moving Forward

Chinese exhibition giant Dadi has pre-bought mainland China distribution rights to Sylvester Stallone’s action sequels “The Expendables 4” and “Rambo 5” from Millenium Films.

The Chinese deal is said to be comfortably into eight-figures and effectively constitutes a co-finance agreement on the movies. As a result, they’re both moving forward with the fifth “Rambo” to shoot in the U.S. in September and the fourth “Expendables” to film in Bulgaria early 2019.
The new “Rambo” sees Stallone reprising his role as John Rambo, this time crossing the U.S.- Mexico border to do battle with one of Mexico’s most violent cartels to rescue a friend’s kidnapped daughter.

Doctor Omega

Paz Vega Joins “Rambo 5: Last Blood”

Paz-Vega-Rambo-5.jpg

Paz Vega (“The OA”) is set to star opposite Sylvester Stallone in “Rambo 5: Last Blood” at Millennium Films. Vega marks the first piece of casting news beyond Stallone himself in the film

Sly reprises the role of Vietnam vet John Rambo who takes on the Mexican drug cartels after the daughter of one of his friends is kidnapped.

Vega will play Carmen Delgado, a reporter who covers the Mexican drug trade and teams up with Rambo after her younger half-sister is kidnapped.

Filming is underway in Bulgaria and Spain with Adrian Grunberg directing from a script by Matt Cirulnick and Stallone.

Doctor Omega

Peris-Mencheta Is The “Rambo 5” Villain

peris-mencheta-is-the-rambo-5-villain-696x464.jpg

FX’s “Snowfall” and “Life Itself” actor Sergio Peris-Mencheta has scored the role of the villain in the upcoming “Rambo 5: Last Blood” which is currently filming in Bulgaria and Spain for Millennium Entertainment.

Sylvester Stallone reprises his role of John Rambo who is now living on a ranch in Arizona, trying to pick up casual work wherever he can. Soon his friend and estate manager informs him that her granddaughter (Yvette Monreal) went missing in Mexico.

This leads to Rambo heading south and teaming up with a journalist (Paz Vega) whose half-sister has also been kidnapped. They uncover a sex-trafficking ring and Rambo has to use all his skills to save the girls and bring down a vicious crime lord (Peris-Mencheta).

Adrian Grunberg (“Get the Gringo”) helms the film from a script by Matt Cirulnick (“Absentia”) and Stallone. Avi Lerner and Kevin King will produce.

Doctor Omega

“Rambo 5” Was Going To Be Quite Different

rambo-5-was-going-to-be-quite-different-696x464.jpg

Author David Morrell appeared on the Culture Creature podcast this week, Morrell is the author of the 1972 novel “First Blood” which was adapted into the film of the same name in 1982 starring Sylvester Stallone as John Rambo.

Still the most acclaimed entry of the series, the first “Rambo” is more of a modern western than anything else, while the sequels take on a more oversized action hero vibe. Morrell wasn’t really involved in the sequels bar writing the novelizations of the second and third.

With a new fifth and supposedly final “Rambo” film in the works, Morrell was asked about it and revealed he was at one time quite involved in it, but they’ve since gone in a new direction and shut him out. Shame too as from the sounds of it the story was going to return to the tone of “First Blood”:

“In 2015, when Sly was working on ‘Creed,’ he called me and asked to collaborate on a fifth ‘Rambo’ film. Every weekend through March and April, we had many conversations. They went on for like ninety minutes to two hours. He and I worked out a story, which we were thinking of in terms of film festivals – he wanted it to be a ‘soulful journey’ – that’s a word Sly likes to use. And it was. This was a really emotional, powerful story – which I can’t talk about.

He took it to the producers and they said, ‘No, we wanna do a movie about human trafficking.’ That was the end of that story so far as I know. Then Sly announced that he was retiring from the character. There was a big press announcement I believe in 2016, in which he said, ‘That’s it, I’m not playing Rambo anymore.’ So, alright, that’s fine.

Then, to my great surprise, I learned that there’s this fifth Rambo film being shot. Which is not the story that Sylvester and I talked about. It is, in fact, a human trafficking story – or, at least, it has something to do with the Mexican cartel. But here’s the problem: the film company will not talk to me. I know nothing about this movie. And I’m being asked, by journalists such as you, and all I can say is, I don’t know anything.

I will say this. There have been photos of Sly. At the end of the fourth film, he shows up at a ranch in Arizona. The shots that are being released show Sly on horseback in cowboy regalia. He’s a rancher. They show him in a bunkhouse with weapons and stuff. They show him wearing a cowboy hat with a vest.

I welcome that because when I wrote First Blood, I thought of it from the beginning as being a western. A modern western. If you look closely at it, this is the story of a gunfighter who wants to hang up his guns, but the local law won’t let him do it.”

“Rambo: Last Blood” is being directed by Adrian Grunberg and began filming in Bulgaria earlier this month ahead of a Fall 2019 release.

Doctor Omega

quick-news-rambo-kill-david-watch-aquaman-696x464.jpg

Rambo: Last Blood

Lionsgate has premiered a new first look photo of Sylvester Stallone as John Rambo in “Rambo: Last Blood”. This fifth and seemingly final feature in the saga finds the war vet coping with intense PTSD while living on a ranch in Arizona, trying to pick up casual work wherever he can.

Soon his friend and estate manager Maria informs him that her granddaughter went missing after crossing into Mexico for a party, so John travels south of the border to find her – soon uncovering a sex-trafficking ring and teaming up with a journalist for help. Adrian Grunberg helms the film opening next year.

Doctor Omega

Lionsgate has set a September 20th 2019 release for “Rambo: Last Blood,” the fifth and final feature in the Sylvester Stallone-led franchise.

In the new film,
the daughter of one of John Rambo’s friends is kidnapped which leads him to cross the U.S.-Mexico border and up against the full might of one of Mexico’s most violent cartels. Paz Vega, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, and Yvette Monreal co-star while Adrian Grunberg helms from a script by Stallone and Matthew Cirulnick

Doctor Omega

The fifth and presumably final instalment in the Rambo series has received a release date, with Lionsgate announcing that Sylvester Stallone’s Vietnam veteran and all round killing machine John J. Rambo will be back on the big screen in Rambo: Last Blood this September.

Doctor Omega

Stallone Talks His Excitement For Final “Rambo”

first-photos-rambo-5-hes-a-cowboy-now-696x464.jpg

He retired Rocky Balboa with “Creed II,” now Sylvester Stallone is retiring his other famed character – John Rambo – with the upcoming “Rambo: Last Blood”. Stallone already finished filming the project which is currently in post-production.

Lionsgate boss Joe Drake hyped up the movie at CinemaCon this past week, saying the character goes out in a big way with a story that’s ‘truly unexpected’. Now, Stallone has posted on social media that they’re screening the film for the studio and he’s feeling very confident in what they have:

“I just want to talk about something that I think is really exciting. Usually when you’re in the editing process of a film, it can be painful. What you thought was great is not so great. It’s kind of like going to the dentist and having your teeth pulled with no Novocain. Get the picture?

But this last Rambo is just coming together beautifully. Today we’re going to screen it for the studio and that’s going to be fantastic. I’m just looking forward to of course (get) their notes. But we’ll go back. And I think this film is going to surprise a lot of people. It’s a really good story, and the ending is so unexpected. So I just want to say, come September 20th, Rambo is coming your way.”

Stallone reprises his role of John Rambo who is now living on a ranch in Arizona, trying to pick up casual work wherever he can. Soon his friend and estate manager informs him that her granddaughter (Yvette Monreal) went missing in Mexico.

This leads to Rambo heading south and teaming up with a journalist (Paz Vega) whose half-sister has also been kidnapped. They uncover a sex-trafficking ring and Rambo has to use all his skills to save the girls and bring down a vicious crime lord (Peris-Mencheta).

“Rambo: Last Blood” hits screens on September 20th.

Doctor Omega

Rambo: Last Blood

The fans wanted it, and they got it with actor/writer Sylvester Stallone revealing today that the upcoming “Rambo: Last Blood” has earned a “hard R-rating” and promising that “what’s coming is going to be unlike anything you’ve ever seen …death is coming”.
In the fifth installment of the franchise, when the daughter of one of his friends is kidnapped, Rambo, who has been working on a ranch, crosses the U.S.-Mexican border and quickly finds himself up against the full might of one of Mexico’s most violent cartels. The new film opens September 20th. [Source: Bloody Disgusting]