Recently seen, part 25 (February 2019)

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
I actually liked Jung-jae 'Ryan' Lee in Over the Rainbow when I watched it ten years ago.
I get that but WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SHOVE TO MY ASS A PICTURE OF HIS ABS DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! fight7.gifI don't ogle at man abs...I ogle at the lower part..........................................................the legs of course.

Okay I think I will really shut up for a few days because what garbage have I been writing here and I haven't seen a movie in decades.sad5.gif

sitenoise

Me! Me! Me! But its not available on my convenience store yet. I watched the trailer and I just stopped with "From Director Koree-da Hirokazu"
Have you been shopping lately? Sitting here with this in hand and not watching it makes me want to post pics of Ryan Gosling's abs

divemaster13

Member: Rank 4
Silk (2006) Taiwan

This is a terrible movie. Sci-fi / mystery / ghost horror mash up that serves each genre poorly. Something about a gravity-defying "Menger sponge" and a ghost boy with white eyes that you better not look at. And a silk thread, which I never did understand. The script is terrible. The SFX are laughable. Everything that could be remotely interesting happens off camera, as if they didn't have the budget to film it. Most of the scenes are close-ups of people looking pensive. Everything looked like a set, and even those scenes looked like they were filmed (poorly) in front of a green screen. This is grade-B crap that even USA Up All Night and Gilbert Gottfried would pass on. So would Joel and the bots. There's no way to even parody this.

The movie does star Chen Chang, who was the "desert warrior" in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. From my all-time favorite movie, to...this. Oh, Chen. Why???

The three Chinese chicks in the movie were cute and pretty, so there's my half star.

Utterly abysmal.

0.5 star

sitenoise

Silk (2006) Taiwan

This is a terrible movie. Sci-fi / mystery / ghost horror mash up that serves each genre poorly. Something about a gravity-defying "Menger sponge" and a ghost boy with white eyes that you better not look at. And a silk thread, which I never did understand. The script is terrible. The SFX are laughable. Everything that could be remotely interesting happens off camera, as if they didn't have the budget to film it. Most of the scenes are close-ups of people looking pensive. Everything looked like a set, and even those scenes looked like they were filmed (poorly) in front of a green screen. This is grade-B crap that even USA Up All Night and Gilbert Gottfried would pass on. So would Joel and the bots. There's no way to even parody this.

The movie does star Chen Chang, who was the "desert warrior" in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. From my all-time favorite movie, to...this. Oh, Chen. Why???

The three Chinese chicks in the movie were cute and pretty, so there's my half star.

Utterly abysmal.

0.5 star
Oops. I mistakenly sort of liked it 10 years ago facepalm2.gif

divemaster13

Member: Rank 4
Oops. I mistakenly sort of liked it 10 years ago
Were you drunk?

:emoji_dizzy_face:

Normally I would say it's not a "mistake" or an "oops" to have a widely divergent opinion on a movie. And there sure are a lot of 10/10 Best! Movie! Evah! reviews on IMDB for this. But all I can say in this instance is that y'all must be on crack. :emoji_confounded:

sitenoise

Were you drunk?

:emoji_dizzy_face:

Normally I would say it's not a "mistake" or an "oops" to have a widely divergent opinion on a movie. And there sure are a lot of 10/10 Best! Movie! Evah! reviews on IMDB for this. But all I can say in this instance is that y'all must be on crack. :emoji_confounded:
Maybe it was the pensive looks .

My blurb: "This one requires a large dose of suspension of disbelief concerning the basic story idea of catching a spirit but after that it is a well acted suspense drama except for the really silly parts and bad CGI on the car crash."

Check the cast, man. Karina Lam. Hello. Barbie Hsu. Howdaya do