Fun Reheated Food!

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
Food that taste better when........

Reheated. Do you have any food you like better when heated over? I like chili better when reheated

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
There is a certain brand of pizza that gets better after its nuked in the microwave.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I think spaghetti sauce is better when reheated.
Indeed. My wife introduced me to fried spaghetti. We always have a ton of leftover spaghetti and sauce when we have it, and the best way to reheat it is to take a skillet, throw some butter in it, then toss in some of the pasta and sauce, and fry it till it gets some nice brown edges to it. Sooooo good!

And yes, chili is always better the next day. Also, grilled bratwurst heated up the next day.

Hunter28

Indeed. My wife introduced me to fried spaghetti. We always have a ton of leftover spaghetti and sauce when we have it, and the best way to reheat it is to take a skillet, throw some butter in it, then toss in some of the pasta and sauce, and fry it till it gets some nice brown edges to it. Sooooo good!

And yes, chili is always better the next day. Also, grilled bratwurst heated up the next day.
Thanks for that post. We also always have a ton of leftover spaghetti and sauce. I am definitely going to try fried spaghetti.

We made a big pot of Chili the other day. It was very good. She asked me what I want to eat tonight and I said lets eat the leftover Chili. She said OK but I am going to try something a little different. If you have not tried it like this you should. Its called Cincinnati Chili. We both topped it with cheese and I like onion so I diced up an onion and added it. Great stuff.

chainsaw_metal1

I have tried it, after seeing it on Food Network, and it is pretty good. I do prefer topping french fries with chili, or hot dogs, but the spaghetti works pretty well.

And yes, you have to try fried spaghetti! Try to save some garlic bread for when you do it!

Hunter28

I have tried it, after seeing it on Food Network, and it is pretty good. I do prefer topping french fries with chili, or hot dogs, but the spaghetti works pretty well.

And yes, you have to try fried spaghetti! Try to save some garlic bread for when you do it!
Oh I am. Wrote it down on a post-it and stuck it on the refrigerator. Now I will add pick up garlic bread.

Hunter28

Thank you chainsaw! When I am done typing I am getting my second plate of fried spaghetti. My days of heating up leftover spaghetti and sauce in a microwave are over thanks to you. Great stuff!

chainsaw_metal1

Always glad to help a fellow foodie. As for other food news, I went to a seafood place with my dad today called The Waterfront, where we had oysters on the half shell, and each had a fried oyster po-boy. Hoo boy, was it delicious.

We also each ordered a key lime martini, which was pretty damned tasty for a foofoo drink.