Fun Spider Forest (Geomi sup): re-visit; re-think; re-spond

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
Yes, that's the haunted cabin in the woods.
So ... Min also lived in the woods. Did we ever see his house?

The scene in the trailer I posted has the scene of the kid walking up to a cabin door. I hate that scene because it doesn't touch anything else in the film that I can suss (in the trailer we see the side of the face of the person who puts their hand on Min's shoulder. We don't see it in the film--at least my version). Anyway, that must be Min's house.

Similarly, in case anyone was wondering if the SUV that hit Min in the tunnel was the same vehicle Min drives around in the rest of the movie, it's not. I studied it.

They're probably siblings! Step or half?
I think Min and Su-jin are (step?) brother and sister, in that Min's mom who left his dad for anther guy is also Su-jin's mom and Min and Su-jin maybe had sex when they were ten, and that's what he has to block out and it's what caused all his psycho-problems. There's no other reason Min wouldn't go for Su-jin. She's hot and mysterious! blowkiss.gif

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
So ... Min also lived in the woods. Did we ever see his house?
I think there was nothing shown that touched the house of Min. They didn't even show a scene with Min and his dad except when they were leaving the town.

I think Min and Su-jin are (step?) brother and sister, in that Min's mom who left his dad for anther guy is also Su-jin's mom and Min and Su-jin maybe had sex when they were ten, and that's what he has to block out and it's what caused all his psycho-problems.
Finally, the enlightening truth! That's gotta be it! You should contribute that to the IMDb page for enlightenment.

There's no other reason Min wouldn't go for Su-jin. She's hot and mysterious!
I know, that's gotta be the 8th wonder of the world.

Now if we're done thinking over these problems, can we also focus on highly important global concerns such as where do you get these cute emoticons?

clayton-12

Member: Rank 4
@clayton-12 is THE UNINVITED something you have access to?
I haven't checked, but I can't imagine that I won't be able to get my hands on a copy - back when I was buying DVD's from Korean grocery stores it was always a staple of their back catalogues, so I don't think it'll be so obscure that I can't find it

Hey, and we don't need to rush into the next one.
I'll second that. I'd like to add "because I'm planning to catch up with Feng Xiaogang's newie Youth at the cinema" but I can't. It was advertised for release here yesterday, but I checked the session times last night and there aint no one anywhere who's going. :emoji_frowning:

I mentioned above I have a hard time thinking of a Japanese movie. And this has really brought to light for me that Korean films have a lot more intellectual complexity to them. And it's this complexity that makes for a good re-watch.
If I ever do write up my story for @divemaster13 's thread on How I Got Into Asian Movies, an integral part would be about watching Miike's Audition, and slowly picking it apart with the help of someone had much greater insight into Japanese economics and family dynamics than me.

divemaster13

Member: Rank 4
I assumed Gianna stuff would be widely available but I guess since this one didn't go over so well commercially, it's not.
I first watched it as a Netflix rental DVD, so it was at least one of the (few) Korean movies to get a U.S. distribution. Netflix still has it listed, but just not available at the moment.

Hey, and we don't need to rush into the next one. No one should spend money to do this, nor engage in other activities they aren't comfortable with in terms of procurement. Our choice should include availability to every one.
I haven't checked, but I can't imagine that I won't be able to get my hands on a copy - back when I was buying DVD's from Korean grocery stores it was always a staple of their back catalogues, so I don't think it'll be so obscure that I can't find it
That's a good idea. There's a ton of Korean grocery stores around here, and even some Korean video stores as well. I'll ask my wife where I'll have the best chance to find a DVD bin. But if that fails, I'm sure I can get a copy for just a few bucks from eBay or Amazon, since it does not appear we'll be discussing it this week. I have no problem with this.

ebossert

Member: Rank 3
I rewatched this tonight, but was not in the mood for thinking much. So I just let it wash over me and enjoyed it superficially this time. Sorry. :emoji_blush:

I remember, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, putting a lot of effort into figuring out this movie. I kept going around in circles.