Fun Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Simian Jack

Member: Rank 1
Love all Trek but I genuinely think DS9 is the jewel in the franchise crown.
The only thing getting in the way of me saying the same thing is I grew up on TOS, so it's harder to see that one objectively. It has to get a ton of credit for going there first and being so watchable. But DS9 was brilliant. Loved the cast, the characters, the writing and production. Loved that the premise allowed many of the themes and concerns to be fully explored instead of having to wrap each story up in 48 minutes. Had a major crush (forgive the pun) on Kira, too. I'd seen Nana Visitor as a sultry Southern nutjob on Night Court and was hyped when she was announced for Trek.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
tv-news-ds9-watchmen-seinfeld-arrow-696x464.jpg

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Aron Eisenberg, the actor who played the cheeky Ferengi child turned Starfleet cadet and later lieutenant Nog in “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” has died at the age of 50. Eisenberg’s widow shared the information on Facebook on Saturday night, the cause of death is unknown at this point but Eisenberg passed away yesterday. [Source: Facebook]

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Odo-odo-11070420-522-752.jpg

R.I.P. Rene Auberjonois

http://www.darkhorizons.com/r-i-p-rene-auberjonois/

Beloved and prolific character actor Rene Auberjonois has died at his home in Los Angeles due to metastatic lung cancer. The actor was 79.

With his signature voice, Auberjonois is best known for his celebrated role as the shapeshifter Constable Odo on “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” which he played on TV for seven years, along with the lawyer Paul Lewiston in the legal comedy-drama “Boston Legal,” and Emmy nominated work in both “Benson” and “The Practice”. He’s also guest starred in countless shows from “Madam Secretary,” to “It’s Always Sunny…,” “Warehouse 13,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Criminal Minds,” “The Good Wife,” “L.A. Law,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “Wonder Woman,” “The Outer Limits,” “Stargate SG-1,” “Frasier,” “Star Trek: Enterprise,” “Nash Bridges,” “The Jeffersons” and many more.

Auberjonois also popped up in supporting parts in films for many decades ranging from Robert Altman’s original “Mash” and “McCabe & Mrs. Miller,” to the 1970s “King Kong,” to playing the villain of “Police Academy 5,” a Starfleet colonel in “Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country,” himself in “The Player,” doctors in both “Batman Forever” and “Inspector Gadget,” and key parts in Kelly Reichardt’s “Certain Women” and her upcoming “First Cow”.

He also lent his voice to films such as “The Little Mermaid” and “The Princess Diaries” along with doing video game work on titles like “Uncharted 2: Among Thieves” and “Fallout New Vegas”.

Auberjonois also did book narrations for titles like “World War Z,” “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly,” and for ten books Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child’s Aloysius Pendergast book series (the first of that series was adapted into the 1997 film “The Relic”) with Auberjonois doing the books from 2002’s “The Cabinet of Curiosities” through to 2012’s “Two Graves”.

Auberjonois is survived by his wife of 56 years, writer Judith Auberjonois; sisters Marie-Laure Degener and Anne Auberjonois; daughter Tessa Auberjonois; son-in-law Adrian Latourelle, daughter-in-law Kate Nowlin and three grandchildren.

Doctor Omega

Have just reached Season Five, having given up on the garbage that passes for TREK nowadays.

Finding lots to like in the first four seasons and this scene stood out, especially in light of the sad passing of Aron Eisenberg.

It should be the most ludicrous of scenes. Crazy alien make up and a Ferengi wanting to get into Starfleet. It should be comedy gold and written and played for laughs. But all involved did something more with it.

It really works imo and I find it moving; just two great acting performances......