Review Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Star Trek news on T.V. in the early '80's

Leonard Nimoy talks about the Spock character, as well as a piece of a Sally Kellerman hosted tv special, and the Entertainment Tonight viewer vote on whether Spock should die in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I had known about Saavik being half Romulan from either the comics or one of the novels. I wish that they had kept that in the movie and done more with it in the series, especially as they had originally - if memory serves - intended for her and Spock to be more than student and teacher.

However, the almost flirtatious look she flashes at David gives more weight to them serving together on the science ship together, and again, I wish that they had explored that relationship a little more in Search for Spock.

Doctor Omega

I remember the novelisation of this and III making her a more explosive and passionate character and it definitely shows they are lovers by the time he decides to have an argument with a Klingon, but a lot of that was added by Vonda N. Mcintire. If memory serves she says "Oh David love, there are no dragons!" as she cradles his body. (He wondered if Dragons had been put into the Genesis matrix...... or something....)

I sometimes think these fan writers handed plum assignments got a bit carried away. :emoji_confused:

I noticed they gave the novelising job to someone else from V onward.

Doctor Omega

Meyer Planning “Wrath of Khan” Prequel?

View attachment 2725

“Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan” writer/director Nicholas Meyer is rumored to be moving forward on a limited series that would focus on the life of that film’s villain Khan Noonien Singh, played by the late Ricardo Montalbahn reprising his role from the original 1960s series.

Geek Exchange (via Bleeding Cool) broke the report, citing multiple sources. They indicate events in the series would take place between the original series episode “Space Seed” and the legendary film, a time when Khan and the crew of the Botany Bay (survivors from the Eugenics wars) were exiled to Ceti Alpha V to start a colony.

Meyer, who also directed “Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country,” is involved in the upcoming “Star Trek: Discovery” series and indications are CBS is potentially looking into other projects set within the rich history of Trek mythology.

Cancelled.

Thank God. :emoji_nerd: