Review Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
sgdsg.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

The Enterprise is diverted to the Romulan homeworld Romulus, supposedly because they want to negotiate a peace treaty. Captain Picard and his crew discover a serious threat to the Federation once Praetor Shinzon plans to attack Earth.

On to the....

STAR TREK: PICARD SERIES......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/star-trek-picard-in-pre-production.5129/

Back to the previous movie.....

STAR TREK: INSURRECTION......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/star-trek-insurrection-1998.424/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Too much Shinzon... and on.... and on....

And when he wasn't on, the dull B4 kept popping up.

A lot of movie just to make the point of "I aspire!"

The rest of the crew were just passengers on their own ship, or so it seemed at times.

Not a classic.

At least the cast liked the movie.

Oh, no they didn't, did they.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I'm planning on rewatching this one, because I really liked it, but I don't know if it's because it was done after the boring INSURRECTION or if it really was good. I like the Romulans, and love seeing more about them in the franchise. I'll give it another viewing and get back to you.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
The Shinzon/Romulan plot was good but the B4 storyline was unnecessary. If you've made the decision to kill off a main cast member, don't chicken out and write an obvious "undo" clause into the script. Let the character die and, if it's necessary to bring them back for a later movie, do it in that movie instead.

Doctor Omega

Promo film of the time....

Marina is clearly forced to praise a director she loathes.....

Last edited:

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
The Shinzon/Romulan plot was good but the B4 storyline was unnecessary. If you've made the decision to kill off a main cast member, don't chicken out and write an obvious "undo" clause into the script. Let the character die and, if it's necessary to bring them back for a later movie, do it in that movie instead.
I completely agree with you. It was a bad desition.. the moment B4 appeared on screen I knew he was going to die.. and I didn't liked the pseudo "reboot" of the character.. it's like we go backwards, from a full y formed and sentient android that did the ultimate sacrifice to someone who doesn't even know where he is... I didn't like it.. at all, it left a bittersweet taste in my mouth.