Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I was going to say that it would be great to see a movie about the bickering reality behind the scenes of the Original Series, but then I remembered that we have already had it with GALAXY QUEST.

A NEXT GENERATION behind the scenes movie would, I guess, be just 2 hours of the Marina Sirtis character ranting on and on, without listening to anything anybody else has to say, while the entire rest of the cast sit around looking glum, except for Gates McFadden who is holding herself back from inflicting violence on the ship's counsellor. Along with an interesting few scenes of the actress playing Doctor Pulaski not getting on with anyone at all.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
The extent of his baldness in the series indeed continues to be a mystery.

It was a shock to see Walter K. throw away his rug overnight in recent years, but I have got used to it now. In fact I had no idea he wore one from TMP onward, until he mentioned it in his book.

It perhaps explain why the supporting cast never (to my knowledge) made fun of Bill's baldness*, which I am sure they would have if it were not for Walter's predicament alongside them.

* Jimmy Doohan surely would have as he threw everything else at Bill.... And Takei was always making fun of Bill's weight.

DOOHAN: "He can't even act. He doesn't act. He wrinkles his nose like a rabbit and that is supposed to mean "Oh look at me, I'm about to cry!""

DOOHAN: "Scotty would give his life to save Captain Kirk, but Jimmy Doohan wouldn't even cross the street to help Bill Shatner!"
The interview with Shatner on the Star Trek IV:The Voyage home DVD has him sitting talking to a British guy about the new film and his wig twists and shakes in the wind, and the greyish strands seem to look synthetic to me! Real hair seems to be more uncontrollable if you know what I mean, Doc?
Also a surprise to find out that DeForest Kelley also wore a syrup for the series, now who would have known that?
JB

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I had no idea either, Doc, until I read about it! someone was moaning about the constant digs at Shatner over his hair piece while no one had addressed DeForest because he was a nice guy! But then you stop for a moment and think...Bones had a wig too???
JB

Doctor Omega

That is a bit of a shocker. But I am remembering now, in the only biography of De that Nimoy advised Shatner that he should go and see De in the hospital, because the end was near. Shatner visited him and said "Please don't die De! But if you do die, can I have your hair!" That suggested to me at the time of reading it that De had a fine head of his own hair which was the envy of the Kirkster. But it could now also mean that skinflint Shatner genuinely wanted De's syrup!! :emoji_grin:

Here is the book. I wish I could recommend it. It is genuinely detailed and extensive, but De led such a genuinely lovely life with his wife that it was fairly dull reading for a complete gossip-hound such as myself and I more or less just dipped and skimmed through the whole thing........ Shame on me really......

s-l500.jpg

Doctor Omega

Lost Episode of Star Trek The Next Generation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_(TV_series)

Webster is an American sitcom that aired on ABC from September 16, 1983 to May 8, 1987 and in first-run syndication from September 21, 1987 to March 10, 1989. The series was created by Stu Silver.

The show stars Emmanuel Lewis in the title role as a young boy who, after losing his parents, is adopted by his NFL-pro godfather, portrayed by Alex Karras, and his new socialite wife, played by Susan Clark. The focus was largely on how this impulsively married couple had to adjust to their new lives and sudden parenthood, but it was the congenial Webster himself who drove much of the plot. The series was produced by Georgian Bay Ltd., Emmanuel Lewis Entertainment Enterprises, Inc. (1986–1989) and Paramount Television (Network 1983–1987, Domestic 1987–1989).

Like NBC's earlier series Diff'rent Strokes, Webster featured a young African-American boy adopted by a wealthy white family.

Instead of a typical series finale, the last episode—titled "Webtrek"—saw Webster, George and Katherine go on an adventure aboard the Starship Enterprise from the series' Paramount-produced sibling, Star Trek: The Next Generation. There, they interact with Lt. Worf (Michael Dorn) from TNG, whom Webster attempts to humanize, while a series of Webster flashbacks are shown that depict the concept of feelings.

Doctor Omega

I see that Mark Chapman was up for Data.

He is of course the actor who was famously fired by Yoko Ono after he got cast as John Lennon in this tv movie biopic. Somewhat insensitive of the producers to have cast him in the first place, considering his name! He was replaced in that by Mark McGann, Paul's brother.... Peter Capaldi played a completely miserable George Harrison too.....

Mark Chapman finally got to play John Lennon in the controversial biopic about Lennon's killer: CHAPTER 27....

Interview with Mark Lindsay Chapman