Review Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
MV5BMTgwNzYyNjgzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDMwODI0NTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

“Teen Titans Go!” Film Set For July 2018

teen-titans-go-film-set-for-july-2018-696x464.jpg

A feature film version of Cartoon Network’s currently airing “Teen Titans Go!” animated series is on the way and has been set for a July 27th 2018 theatrical release by Warner Bros. Pictures.

The series began in 2013 and wraps its fourth season this week. Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven and Cyborg will all make the jump to the big screen in the film which takes over the old release date that James Wan’s live-action “Aquaman” once occupied.

The animated film was previously just identified as an untitled animated DC movie and slated for June 1st, but with the shift in date the studio decided to reveal the project.

It will mark the third animated superhero movie scheduled for next year – joining Disney and Pixar’s “The Incredibles 2” in June, and the Miles Morales-led “Spider-Man” in December.

There are currently no plans for a live action “Teen Titans” movie, but the live action “Titans” series is in the works for DC’s upcoming streaming service and will premiere next year.

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
11 seconds. The fart lasts 11 seconds.

What...why...is this...what the...HUH?!?

Deadman. Etrigan. Martian Manhunter. A real Constantine. Unknown Soldier. Sgt. Rock. The Thunderbirds. Zatanna. The Spectre. The Question. Sandman (any incarnation). Doctor Fate. The Haunted Tank. Need I go on? Need I list more titles that could make for interesting movies?

And we get...this?

I'd rather watch X-Men: The Last Stand on a 72-hour loop.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
11 seconds. The fart lasts 11 seconds.

What...why...is this...what the...HUH?!?

Deadman. Etrigan. Martian Manhunter. A real Constantine. Unknown Soldier. Sgt. Rock. The Thunderbirds. Zatanna. The Spectre. The Question. Sandman (any incarnation). Doctor Fate. The Haunted Tank. Need I go on? Need I list more titles that could make for interesting movies?

And we get...this?

I'd rather watch X-Men: The Last Stand on a 72-hour loop.
I don't think you're the target audience. I just showed the trailer to my kids (big Teen Titans Go TV show fans) and they want to see it "RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!"

More interesting? Lots of things (including the stuff you listed). Preteen target audience? Teen Titans Go!

Gavin

VIP
Just watched a couple of episodes of Teen Titans Go with my kids. As long as you get into the right mindset (brain switched firmly to OFF) it's actually a lot of fun.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I don't think you're the target audience. I just showed the trailer to my kids (big Teen Titans Go TV show fans) and they want to see it "RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!"

More interesting? Lots of things (including the stuff you listed). Preteen target audience? Teen Titans Go!
I'm still sore for two reasons. First, I really liked the first Teen Titans animated series. It was more serious in tone, and stuck close to the comics. Second, there's the story about how the producers cancelled Young Justice to start Teen Titans Go because there were too many girls watching the show, and they apparently don't buy toys. Thankfully, fans got involved, and Young Justice will be making a return, but the sexism and money grabbing is what irks me the most about it.
Just watched a couple of episodes of Teen Titans Go with my kids. As long as you get into the right mindset (brain switched firmly to OFF) it's actually a lot of fun.
I will admit, I have caught it on a few occasions when my son still watched it and with my nephew, and have found myself laughing at some things. But as a fan who read Teen Titans for years, it feels like a slap in the face. As you say, I'm not the target audience, but it still gets me riled up.

That all being said, I hope your kids enjoy the film. And I hope it gets them reading comics. :emoji_grinning:

Gavin

VIP
Its funny, but I remember watching Young Justice when it first came out and thinking "this isn't much like the Young Justice comic". It seems like they made Young Justice with the Teen Titans tone and then switched it out for Teen Titans with the Young Justice vibe.