The belief that God has "perfect timing"

SoapboxQuantez08

Member: Rank 2
Have you ever heard the expression that God is "never early and never late, he is always on time"?

Isn't that open to interpretation? It's up for debate.
After all, who's to say that his perfect timing is the perfect timing.
If his timing were so perfect, would suicide really exist?
It wouldn't have to, since he would always help people just in time.
It would seem that too many people believe that God is right about anything and everything.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I personally don’t believe in God. But back when I did, I often wondered where he was, in the midst of all the horrible things going on.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Have you ever heard the expression that God is "never early and never late, he is always on time"?
No. But I recall Gandalf once saying "A wizard is never early, nor is he late. He arrives precisely when he means to".
Isn't that open to interpretation? It's up for debate.
After all, who's to say that his perfect timing is the perfect timing.
If his timing were so perfect, would suicide really exist?
It wouldn't have to, since he would always help people just in time.
It would seem that too many people believe that God is right about anything and everything.
It's the age-old argument for him. When good things happen, God is great. When bad things happen, God works in mysterious ways, and we can never know his true plan. Personally, I think it's all bullshit. The universe goes on, good things happen, bad things happen, and that's about it.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
No. But I recall Gandalf once saying "A wizard is never early, nor is he late. He arrives precisely when he means to".

It's the age-old argument for him. When good things happen, God is great. When bad things happen, God works in mysterious ways, and we can never know his true plan. Personally, I think it's all bullshit. The universe goes on, good things happen, bad things happen, and that's about it.
If God exists, he - or she - doesn't work in mysterious ways, he - or she - just makes it up as he - or she - goes along.

I know this for a fact, because it's the very same MO I use and I recognize the style.

God works in mysterious ways... My arse!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
God's Timing-The Perfect Timing

We live in a world where we are surrounded by competition,every now and then.We too are running for the best,but in the search of the best we tend to use shortcuts which often lead us to places we don't want to be,we deviate ourselves away from the one who created us & at times we want to give up thinking that now nothing can be done,we often think that God has forgotten us, he don't care for us ..
But can he Forget his creation??? NO NEVER.... At times he may test us,whether we give upon him or not.. Yes,he has a perfect timing for everything... He is never too early neither too late, And to those who have faith and stand strong in faith they witness that God's Timing is the perfect timing.....

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
But can he Forget his creation??? NO NEVER.... At times he may test us,whether we give upon him or not.
This reminds me of the quote carved into the wall at Auschwitz: If there is a God, he will have to beg for my forgiveness.