Fun The Burgundy IMDF Suggestion Box

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
suggestion-box-improve-business.jpg

Have your say below.

How can we improve the place?

Is burgundy a good colour for a suggestion box (see above illustration)?

Last edited:

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
IMDF will never be shut down. I'va said this a thousand times and I will say it again. I stand by my creations.
TecnoGaming (which is a videogames review website) that I've opened up in 2009 is well and healthy.

If you have any suggestions, please, do so here. I will be updating the forum software very soon, this, in case you are still interested in improving this forum.

Paying for the license is not cheap but it's worth it. I've went into several things in my life in the past 2 years and didn't have the time in my hands to work on this site, but I've kept paying for the hosting servers and I will keep doing so no matter what.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
IMDF will never be shut down. I'va said this a thousand times and I will say it again. I stand by my creations.
TecnoGaming (which is a videogames review website) that I've opened up in 2009 is well and healthy.

If you have any suggestions, please, do so here. I will be updating the forum software very soon, this, in case you are still interested in improving this forum.

Paying for the license is not cheap but it's worth it. I've went into several things in my life in the past 2 years and didn't have the time in my hands to work on this site, but I've kept paying for the hosting servers and I will keep doing so no matter what.
Absolutely delighted to read all the above. Very few of us are left posting on here which is a pity as the layout and general design is top notch and so user friendly. I'll keep posting on here for sure, thanks for your support of this site.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Absolutely delighted to read all the above. Very few of us are left posting on here which is a pity as the layout and general design is top notch and so user friendly. I'll keep posting on here for sure, thanks for your support of this site.
Let's invite everyone in again!. I'm sure they will be able to login once again as the mail functionality is fully working now. Besides we need more users to justify the upgrade and the new portal functionality is also very expensive, but very much worth it!

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I can see few people is here. Probably because they left for that other new forum. I feel somewhat betrayed by Dr. Omega and ant-mac. They were nice moderators around here, but they seems to have vanished without trace and also filled my forum with advertising about the new forum.

Since I was never contacted again by any of them I will remove their moderator status. After so much energy put into this forum. This was a really low move on their part. Nevertheless, you are more than welcome to invite people over again. Let's put the forum up where it belongs. If people prefer to go to a free forum solution, with no layout and that can vanish any time because it's free software on free hosting, so be it.

I've stated this time and time again, that I will never abandon this forum, seems like people do not take my word or people just don't consider a word of someone as something valuable.

I was also never contacted by anyone of them regarding forum issues. So I can only guess that they wanted to take over all my visitors to their own forum. Very dishonest.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
I can see few people is here. Probably because they left for that other new forum. I feel somewhat betrayed by Dr. Omega and ant-mac. They were nice moderators around here, but they seems to have vanished without trace and also filled my forum with advertising about the new forum.

Since I was never contacted again by any of them I will remove their moderator status. After so much energy put into this forum. This was a really low move on their part. Nevertheless, you are more than welcome to invite people over again. Let's put the forum up where it belongs. If people prefer to go to a free forum solution, with no layout and that can vanish any time because it's free software on free hosting, so be it.

I've stated this time and time again, that I will never abandon this forum, seems like people do not take my word or people just don't consider a word of someone as something valuable.

I was also never contacted by anyone of them regarding forum issues. So I can only guess that they wanted to take over all my visitors to their own forum. Very dishonest.
Yes I admit I thought that myself ,Doc even changed his avatar to advertise the new forum. Pro boards forum is a very poor not very user friendly software. Most of the members on the new forum were gathered from the Doctor Who forum Planet Mondas , which is a good forum, but I asked Doc in a PM here couldn't he have advertised IMDF to Mondas members instead of starting another forum as this one is all set up and superior. There was no answer. To be fair, people had left here before Doc's new forum came along.

Last edited:

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
You were not stripped of your rank because of nothing. You just stopped coming, same as ant-mac. It is pretty much standard practice to remove a moderator when said person stops visiting a forum and lose interest.
If any of you guys want to come back and post here. I'll be glad to give you all your powers back. I do not resent this behavior. Although it was bad on your part doing that advertisement. I do not hold any grunge against neither of you.

So, that being said, I doubt you will come back, so the answer still holds. Why bother in replying when you have no intention of coming back?. My answer still stands. If any of you decides to come back again, you just need to say so, even if it was dishonest what you did, I do not think it merits any suspension at all. Leaving like that was hurtful for me since I've put so much energy into this and also it was against my best wishes for this site.

I've said time and time again that I will never abandon this project. You somehow thought my word was not enough. I cannot blame you for that since written word has a very low trust these days. Seems like everyone can say anything they want these days, people have completely lost responsability for their actions.

Feel free to come back, you, ant-mac or both and I should give you the powers back. But I'm hesitant that you just posted this to wish us good luck and never come back.

Nick91

Member: Rank 2
Hi,

I registered here on 5 February 2017, but have unfortunately only been able to post sporadically (same with the IMDb v2 one). Probably related to the fact that I don't have time to watch films. I am happy to see that the site is still up, though with very few active users. Things can change at any time though, and I think the XenForo features and layout "should" be a big selling point to attract members. The challenge (just like in business) is that there is a lot of competition out there. Someone who is interested in movies and television usually does not have the need to post in more than one forum, unless it's niche subject areas.

I want to go back to posting more often from now on, because I still feel part of this community to some extent.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Sadly we've been subject to a very bad move on part of the previous moderators, people whom I trusted. They left to create a new forum and used this forum as a gathering point, effectively stealing my users. The "new" forum was also advertised here without any regard for my work.

The new forum is made on free software with no central control, as in this forum, meaning that if the company that offers the free tools for the forum decides it is not suitable they can take it offline.

This forum on the other hand is handled by me on a private server, also handled by me entirely and with licensed software that I'm still paying. I don't have the slightest clue as to why someone will do something like that, trade a private platform with upmost privacy and a lot of features to grow in exchange for a free forum system which is basically slower and with no ownership, but oh well, that's life.

You are more than welcome to stay here and invite people over. I've revised all the sign up plugins and they are all working. My intention was to pay for a license for the new version of xenforo which has a lot of new stuff and then start building on a new design, similar to this one but with more features down the road. I have the skills to do it because I've been working in the hosting business and design industry for years. But I can't do it if my userbase is 0. I still refuse to close down this forum because it was really hard work for me and also because I'm always true to my word, when I say I do something, I'll do it and I'm not usually a guy that abandon his projects.

My last project was a video games magazine (tecnogaming.com) and it was founded in 2009 and it's still working to this day and thriving.