Review The Children of Auron: Episode 33

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
068279fdce1180bf44ac258d5fe87db7--spaceships-science-fiction.jpg

83930.jpg

Your thoughts on this episode....

Servalan has unleashed a plague on Cally's home planet Auron. Avon and the Liberator crew travel to Auron to aid Cally's people to fight the plague, when Cally receives a telepathic message from her people summoning her to Auron to help. But Servalan has lured the Liberator crew into a trap and is using Auron's advanced cloning technology to create clones in her image.

On to the next episode....

RUMOURS OF DEATH

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/rumours-of-death-episode-34.3468/

Back to the previous episode....

CITY AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/city-at-the-edge-of-the-world-episode-32.3465/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I used to really like this episode, but it has sort of paled on me recently.

It is nice to see Servalan back to her old ruthless self. If only Blake had let Avon shoot her at the end of ORAC, the planet Auron would have been saved. What a prize chump he was!

I have nothing against the episode, but I guess I watched it too many times back in the day.

Cally's sister is a bit dumb, going back to rescue Servalan's embryo's when everything is going to get blown up anyway. Oh well, never mind.

Servalan's Pink Floyd moment is a classic though.

And it all ends happily with a Star Trek TOS laugh around the Liberator sofas.

A thoroughly good episode, but I can't be doing with seeing it again anytime soon. :emoji_confused:

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
One of the best episodes of episodes 27-52. Servalan was totally awesomely evil , and Jacqueline Pearce played it exactly right. Not sure why Derril was kept around, he seemed pretty inept. Did all the officers have in built death devices in their uniforms? Never saw that again did we.
Servalan's urge to be a mother was puzzling. Was it just coldly to keep her bloodline going. If a process could keep her going, immortally I can understand that, but what would she have done with the clones? Teach them to be little Servalans I suppose.
Cally's sister was a bit wet but Jan Chappell played her well, but the star character was Ginka, I think that was his name, a real successor to Travis, if only he hadn't lied about the babies, pity.
8/10

Last edited:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
But were they killed by IMIPAK is what I want to know? And the helmets of the security guards look much tougher during the third series! They seem to have an added chin part to the headgear!
JB