Review The City on the Edge of Forever (1966)

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Yes I'd heard that CBS/Paramount were stopping fan films. I couldn't figure out why STC was still going but now you've explained it all to me! Sad that they have to call it a day because honestly I prefer STC to Discovery so far, it keeps continuity and the effects are pretty damn good too!
JB

johnnybear

Ironic really isn't it as Richard Hatch died a few months back and his role in Axanar would have had to be recast sadly!

JB

Gavin

VIP
It is apparently all but confirmed, sadly. A testament, not to the quality of DISCOVERY, but of the strength of the STAR TREK label. I think that a third season, on the other hand, would be miraculous!
I don't think the renewal has anything to do with viewing figures or quality. It's simply a "recognisable" marketing tool to sell a streaming service. I've read a number of reports that suggest that the CBS executives aren't looking for the series itself to make money (although obviously they'll be happy if it does) but are using it as a tool to get people to sign up for CBS All Access and are happy for it to be a "loss leader" if necessary.