Review The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (2019)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the-dark-crystal-packshot-670-380.jpg

Netflix and The Jim Henson Company are teaming up for “The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance,” a new ten-episode fantasy adventure series that serves as a prequel to the groundbreaking 1982 fan favorite “The Dark Crystal”.

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-dark-crystal-1982.2484/

Taking place many years before the events of the film, the series will be shot in the U.K., and will star an ensemble of fantastical, state-of-the-art creatures created by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop and the original film’s conceptual designer Brian Froud.

In the series, three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power and set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.

Feature film director Louis Leterrier (“Now You See Me,” “The Incredible Hulk”) will executive produce the series and direct.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" returns to the world of Thra, where three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis' power and set out to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.

Back to the original movie......

THE DARK CRYSTAL (1982)........

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-dark-crystal-1982.2484/

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I'm just not sure how I feel about this. I loved the movie as a kid, and still do, and I feel like going back to it would minimize it somehow. I know there have been some works elaborating upon it, with a new comic book series that just started, but as far as film or television, I just don't know. If it's done well and keeps in the spirit of the original without feeling like it's merely done simply because it can be done, or done simply for nostalgia's sake, then it should be left alone.

Doctor Omega

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance - First Look (2019)

We've got your first look at the new Gelfling characters in the upcoming Netflix series, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. It is a prequel to the 1982 Jim Henson film The Dark Crystal. There will be ten episodes and the series will explore the world of Thra created for the original movie.

Doctor Omega

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance | Comic-Con 2019 Sneak Peek

"The idea is you watch the show and you forget you're watching puppets." Fans at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 were given a glimpse of the artistry behind the scenes of the resistance by director Louis Leterrier and executive producer Lisa Henson. Darkness rises on August 30.