Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Often voted the best story of all time, until Day of the Doctor stole that accolade from it.

How do you rate this story yourself?

Over-rated?

Or deserving of all the praise heaped on it?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I am not sure whether he was perfect casting or not.

I couldn't say that he was miscast either..

My over-riding impression is of a professional actor who was offered a gig that he never expected to get. Finding himself unable to turn it down - although his initial instinct was that he felt too young for it,

Having committed himself to it, he approached it totally professionally and did his utmost to "find" his Doctor against all the odds of poor scripts, producer impositions (hello celery) and a designed costume.

If he had not had such a spectacular finale in Androzani, and had regenerated during a humdrum story, then there might, I suggest, be a lot more ambiguity towards his reign.

But he went out with a bang instead.

I also think he jumped ship at the perfect time. It was left to Colin to drown on the ship and Sylvester to sink beneath the waves with it..

That could have been Peter's fate in the show, but he got out just in time i.m.o. and is all the better remembered for it.

A professional actor who did a professional job.

Despite falling short of the first four Doctors in my opinion, he still gets a love vote from me for his sheer professionalism and approach to the role.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Peter Davison is "my" Doctor. I started watching regularly just in time to see Tom regenerate into Peter and became a firm fan during his era. I think he did a great job with what he was given (including the challenge of taking over from the incredibly popular Tom Baker). Any flaws in the show from this era are certainly not due to Peter's performance.

alpha128

Member: Rank 3
That sounds like it could be interesting.

Please keep us updated about this if you can.
Sure.

The article says:

RiffTrax Live: Doctor Who — “The Five Doctors” will be performed live Thursday, August 17, 2017, at 8:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. CT (and tape-delayed to 7:00 p.m. MT/8:00 p.m. PT.) and shown in cinemas all over the U.S. as part of Fathom Events, and will be rebroadcast Thursday, August 24, 2017, 7:30 p.m. local time.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Sure.

The article says:

RiffTrax Live: Doctor Who — “The Five Doctors” will be performed live Thursday, August 17, 2017, at 8:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. CT (and tape-delayed to 7:00 p.m. MT/8:00 p.m. PT.) and shown in cinemas all over the U.S. as part of Fathom Events, and will be rebroadcast Thursday, August 24, 2017, 7:30 p.m. local time.
I live down under, so I'll have to wait until it's released on DVD or appears on YouTube.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Different states, different newspapers. I already know what's happening, I just read the letters section to get a general feeling of the public opinion. Not that I am overly fond of The Advertiser. However, it gives an alternative view to ABC 24. It's nice to try and get a bit of variety.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I remember going to breakfast with my mom at McDonald's, and there was always a stack of newspapers for anyone to read. Of course, they were usually the 65+ crowd, but I usually sat with the opinion page and financial page.

Anyway, I'm going to do my best to make it to the live event. It's not that far from where I live, so here's hoping.