Review The Film Clip Thread...

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Do you have a favourite scene of sequence from a film?

Feel free to post it and discuss it here.

Spoilers obviously...

I'd like to begin with what I consider to be one of the best endings of any film ever...

ant-mac

This will be a possibly eye raising choice and I know a lot of people hate this sequence, but I think it's really cool, complemented by Goldsmith's music....

I think they trimmed and speeded it up in the Director's cut, losing something i.m.o.

I still enjoy STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE to this day. Mind you, I have a different favourite sequence...

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I like that sequence too. Am glad they changed the music from Goldsmith's original attempt.....

As Robert Wise said to Goldsmith after a disappointing screening.... "Where's the theme?"

Last edited:

ant-mac

Two car chases from one of my favourite Australian films - THE CHAIN REACTION.

It also features one of my favourite villains, aptly named Gray.

My father and mother owned the same model Ford LTD that Gray drives in the years leading up to the film's release.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
The montage at the beginning of ALIEN 3.

In just a couple of minutes it rips up the happy ending of ALIENS.

And the glimpses were so brief to leave me screaming for more footage to add clarity to what the heck was happening.

I replayed this opening endlessly and read the novelisation, hoping to figure out exactly what was going down in this nihilistic opening sequence....