Review The Flash (2014)

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Just a part of an interview with Andrew Kreisberg
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/03/flash-season-4-premiere-spoilers/

How has the team been operating without him? And how will the team feel upon his return since Iris has taken charge?
Well, it’s a lot of fun in episode two. Barry and Iris keep comically clashing inadvertently because she’s used to being in charge, and he’s used to being in charge, and so they wind up going to couples therapy to work through it. The two of them with the therapist is some of the funniest stuff we have ever done on this show, but it also leads to a deepening of their relationship.

Grant is so funny this season. We’ve been having him do the funniest things, and Candice is really — making her the team leader, which unfortunately didn’t occur to us until this season, has really given her the agency on the show that she hasn’t always had. She’s always been smart, and funny, and proud, and brave, and eager, but she didn’t always have the authority that she has this season. It’s really nice to see her making decisions, and telling people where to go, and what to do, and Candice has really risen to the challenge, as we knew that she would.
Interesting comments about Iris. It seems to be an admission that they haven't handled her character as well as they should have (which most viewers and comic fans would probably have pointed out a couple of years ago). Hopefully it means that she'll continue to be developed into something more than a love interest and damsel in distress.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Interesting comments about Iris. It seems to be an admission that they haven't handled her character as well as they should have (which most viewers and comic fans would probably have pointed out a couple of years ago). Hopefully it means that she'll continue to be developed into something more than a love interest and damsel in distress.
I will totally agree that Iris wasn't handled in the best way, and there could have been much more done with her. I just got tired of fighting with the folks who used to come on to the Flash boards on imdb and just drone on about how they wished that the producers would just kill her off. Have I mentioned how little I miss those old boards?

chainsaw_metal1

This was a pretty good return to form for Flash. I thought the last two episodes were sort of lacking. Great moments, but I felt somewhat let down by them. But adding Elongated Man could be a lot of fun. And Danny Trejo? He should be in everything.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Flash” Showrunner Suspended Over Allegations

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/hollywood-sex-scandals.3613/page-2#post-32613

Warner Bros. TV Group has launched an investigation into allegations of inappropriate behavior on the part of Andrew Kreisberg, a key producer on The CW’s DC shows. Kreisberg is the showrunner on “The Flash,” co-showrunner of “Supergirl,” and an executive producer on both “Arrow” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”.

chainsaw_metal1

I've enjoyed Flash more than I have Arrow. However, I need to sit today and get caught up on all of the CW DC shows today. Working gets in the way of being able to see my favorite shows.

chainsaw_metal1

Just finished Season 4. Holy Christ on a unicycle! That was a brilliant wrap up for the season. And the final scene? Dude! I cannot wait to see what season 5 brings now!

Doctor Omega

“The Flash” 100th Gets Multiple Enemies

the-flash-100th-gets-multiple-enemies-696x464.jpg

The upcoming 100th episode of The CW’s “The Flash” goes to air just before this year’s DC three-night crossover titled ‘Elseworlds’ which has been eating up the lion’s share of the press surrounding the series in recent months.

It turns out the network isn’t going to be cutting corners on the 100th either which will apparently be quite different from the usual episodes. Previously Iris West actress Candice Patton promised the ep “revisits what makes our show special”.

Now, appearing at MCM London Comic-Con this weekend, actor Tony Todd revealed that he’s recorded new dialogue as Zoom for the episode. In fact, he says a number of the big bads from previous seasons are all returning and ‘wanting a piece of Barry’ which has led to speculation that Reverse-Flash, Savitar and The Thinker might be coming back too and will be joined by current villain Cicada who actor Chris Klein has confirmed will be involved.

Harrison Wells himself, actor Tom Cavanagh, is directing the 100th episode which will serve as the eighth episode of the current fifth season and will air December 4th.

Doctor Omega

The Flash

The Monitor won’t be the only antagonist of the upcoming ‘Elseworlds’ crossover of The CW’s DC shows this year, “The 100” actor Bob Frazer has joined the three-episode run as Roger Hayden (aka. Psycho-Pirate) who will be a part of “The Flash” episode. In the comics, the character has the power to manipulate people’s emotions by way of a gold Medusa Mask. In the episode, he’ll be introduced as an inmate of Arkham Asylum.

Doctor Omega

Hartley Sawyer from "The Flash" joins us in the Hollywire studio to talk about his career! He loves his character on The Flash and always has a great time on set. He learns so much from his co-stars and thinks they are incredibly talented. The people he is closes to on set are Danielle Panabaker, Grant Gustin, and Tom Cavanagh. He did grow up reading comic books and it's dream to be on a superhero show. Hartley's high school drama teacher encouraged him to follow his dreams and continue his acting career. He is inspired by Denzel Washington, The Terminator, Jurassic Park, and Jim Carey. He also loves Bob Odenkirk in "Better Call Saul." We play word association with Hartley, you don't want to miss it!