Review The Glass Castle (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
awegf.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

A young girl comes of age in a dysfunctional family of nonconformist nomads with a mother who's an eccentric artist and an alcoholic father who would stir the children's imagination with hope as a distraction to their poverty.

Last edited:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Marti Noxon is one of Joss Whedon's old writing buddies from the days of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She's the one who wrote the remake of the Chris Sarandon movie Fright Night where he was a Vampire living next door to a kid who went and got a "so-called" vampire expert to help him fight the guy off. I think it was Roddy McDowell. The original was great camp but she got Anton Yelchin, Imogen Poots and Colin Farrell for the remake along with David Tennant as the "Vampire Fighting Magician" and even had CS in a cameo as a motorist who was attacked and killed by CF's vampire.

Most people hated the remake but I thought it rocked! I believe my review on Amazon or IMDb said that "It made me want run right out and set myself on fire!... It was that much fun!"

She's incredibly talented so between her presence and Woody Harrelson's I'm reasonably certain it's going to be well worth watching. So once again, thank you for all your hard work keeping us aware and updated about what's out there and what's coming. This film looks like a little miracle of hope for those of us who, once in a while, forget how to dream. I mean it Doc.... thanks. I could really use a little miracle right about now.....

:emoji_kiss: Just a kiss. Because truth be told, sometimes it's hard to keep dancing.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10