Fun The Joke Thread

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
10 Office Rules:

10. Never walk without a document. People with documents look like hardworking employees headed to important meetings. People with nothing in their hands look like they're headed for the cafeteria. People with a newspaper in their hand look like they're headed for the toilet. Above all, make sure you carry loads of stuff home with you at night, thus generating the false impression that you work longer hours than you really do.

09. Use computers to look busy. Any time you use a computer, it looks like work to the casual observer. You can send and receive personal e-mail, chat and have a blast without doing anything remotely related to work. These aren't exactly the societal benefits that the proponents of the computer revolution would like to talk about, but they're not bad either. When you get caught by your boss - and you will get caught - your best defense is to claim you're teaching yourself to use new software, thus saving valuable training dollars.

08. Messy desk. Only top management can get away with a clean desk. For the rest of us, it looks like we're not working hard enough. Build huge piles of documents around your workspace. To the observer, last year's work looks the same as today's work - it's volume that counts. Pile them high and wide. If you know somebody is coming to your cubicle, bury the document you'll need halfway down in an existing stack and rummage for it when he / she arrives.

07. Voice mail. Never answer your phone if you have voice mail. People don't call you just because they want to give you something for nothing - they call because they want you to do work for them. That's no way to live. Screen all your calls through voice mail. If somebody leaves a message for you and it sounds like impending work, respond during lunch hour when you know they're not there - it looks like you're hardworking and conscientious even though you're being a devious weasel.

06. Look impatient and annoyed. According to George Costanza, one should also always try to look impatient and annoyed to give off the impression that you're always busy.

05. Leave the office late. Always leave the office late, especially when the boss is still around. You could read magazines and storybooks that you always wanted to read. Make sure you walk past the boss' room on your way out. Send important e-mails at unearthly hours such as 7:05am or 9:35pm and during public holidays.

04. Creative sighing for effect. Sigh loudly when there are many people around, giving the impression that you are under extreme pressure.

03. Stacking strategy. It is not enough to pile lots of documents on the table. Put lots of books on the floor too.

02. Build vocabulary. Read up on some computer magazines and pick out all the jargon and new products. Use the phrases freely when in conversation with bosses. Remember, they don't have to understand what you say, but you sure sound impressive.

01. Most important - don't forward this to your boss by mistake!

ant-mac

"If you're going to work here young man, " said the boss, "the number two thing you must learn is that we are very keen on cleanliness in this firm. Did you wipe your feet on the mat as you came in?"

"Oh, yes, sir." responded the young man.

"And another thing the number one thing we are very keen on is truthfulness. There is no mat," said the boss.

ant-mac

If You Get Caught Sleeping At Your Desk...

01. They told me at the blood bank this might happen.

02. This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in the last time management course you sent me to.

03. Whew! Guess I left the top off the liquid paper.

04. I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!

05. This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!

06. I was testing the keyboard for drool resistance.

07. Actually I'm doing a Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan - SLEEP. I learned it at the last mandatory seminar you made me attend.

08. I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work related stress.

09. Darn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem.

10. The coffee machine is broken.

ant-mac

Tickle Me Elmo:

There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys. The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms. Well, Lena is hired at the Tickle Me Elmo factory and she reports for her first day promptly at 8:00 AM.

The next day at 8:45 AM there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's door. The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new employee. He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule.

The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to the factory floor. When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up. At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me Elmo's.

She has a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles. The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package between Elmo's legs.

The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches Lena. "I'm sorry," he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face, "but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday... Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles."

ant-mac

10 GREAT WITTICISMS

The sex was so good that even the neighbours had a cigarette.

If you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Good girls get fat, bad girls get eaten.

We Are Microsoft. Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated.

Born free... Taxed to death.

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling in terror like the passengers on his bus.

ant-mac

10 GREAT WITTICISMS

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

My kid had sex with your honour student.

Earth first... We'll mine the other planets later.

Give pizza chants.

Don't hit me. My lawyer's in jail.

This isn't Burger King - you can't have it your way.

How can I be overdrawn, I still have checks!

If something goes without saying, let it!

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.

Help wanted from telepath. You know where to apply.

ant-mac

10 GREAT WITTICISMS

So you're a feminist... Isn't that cute!

Anyone can give up smoking, but it takes a real man to face cancer.

If, a two letter word for futility.

I don't care, I don't have to.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

To all you virgins, thanks for nothing.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Horn broken, watch for finger.

Friends don't let friends drive naked.

ant-mac

10 GREAT WITTICISMS

There's too much blood in my alcohol system.

A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball peen hammer.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out of it alive.

Wanted: Meaningful overnight relationship.

If you can read this, I've lost my trailer.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Beer - it's not just for breakfast anymore.

I got a gun for my wife, best trade I've ever made.

ant-mac

10 GREAT WITTICISMS

Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got.

Hard work has a future payoff, laziness pays off now.

Life's a buffet - so eat me!

I'm just driving this way to piss you off.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk.

Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Missing your cat? Try looking under my tyres.

Guns don't kill people, but they make it real easy.

I love cats - they taste just like chicken.

ant-mac

10 GREAT WITTICISMS

I want to be like Barbie, that bitch has everything.

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Where are we going? And why are we in this hand-basket?

Keep honking, I'm reloading.

Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Prevent inbreeding - ban country music.

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

Hang up and drive.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

ant-mac

10 GREAT WITTICISMS

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.

Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Guns don't kill people, postal workers do.

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit.

I said no to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Diplomacy is the art of saying, “Nice doggie!” until you can find a rock.

Sex on television can't hurt you, unless you fall off.

ant-mac

10 GREAT WITTICISMS

Snatch a kiss, or vice versa.

Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times I let her sleep.

I don't have to be dead to donate my organ.

Warning! Driver only carries $20 in ammunition.

I have the body of a god... Buddha!

I get enough exercise pushing my luck.

If you don't like the news, go out and make your own.

Auntie Em - Hate you, hate Kansas, taking dog. Dorothy.

This would be really funny if it wasn't happening to me.

ant-mac

Out-Of-The-Office E-Mail Auto-Reply:

01: I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. Be prepared for my mood.

02: You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received anything at all.

03: Sorry to have missed you but I am at the doctors having my brain removed so that I may be promoted to management.

04: I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless e-mails you send me until I return from vacation on 4/18. Please be patient and your e-mail will be deleted in the order it was received.

05: Thank you for your e-mail. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for the first ten words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message.

06: The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again.

07: Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system. You are currently in position 352 and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.

08: Hi. I'm thinking about what you've just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.

09: Hi! I'm busy negotiating the salary for my new job. Don't bother to leave me any messages.

10: I've run away to join a different circus.

ant-mac

Peekaboo Street - the US Olympian - apparently came into a lot of money because of her Olympic performance this winter. Rather than spend it on herself, she showed a lot of character by donating it to a local hospital. The primary facility the hospital needed was a retrofit of the Intensive Care Unit, so in her honor, the hospital board is going to name the new unit, "Peekaboo, ICU".

ant-mac

The Indians asked their Chief in autumn if the winter was going to be cold or not. Not really knowing an answer, the chief replies that the winter was going to be cold and that the members of the village were to collect wood to be prepared. Being a good leader, he then went to the next phone booth and called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is this winter to be cold?"

The man on the phone responded, "This winter is going to be quite cold indeed."

So the Chief went back to speed up his people to collect even more wood to be prepared. A week later he called the National Weather Service again, "Is it going to be a very cold winter?"

"Yes", the man replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter."

So the Chief goes back to his people and orders them to go and find every scrap of wood they can find. Two weeks later he calls the National Weather Service again: "Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely," the man replies, "the Indians are collecting wood like crazy!"

ant-mac

A bird was flying south for winter, but he had left it too late and was frozen solid in a storm. He dropped down into a pasture of cows. The biggest, fattest cow was doing a crap there, and the bird landed in it. At first he was disgusted, until he realised the poo was thawing him out! He started singing out in joy as the ice melted. A cat that was nearby heard his birdsong, walked over, saw the bird and ate it.

There are three morals to this story:

1. Not everyone who gets you in the shit is your enemy.

2. Not everyone who gets you out of the shit is your friend.

3. If you are warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your big mouth shut!

ant-mac

The class assignment in composition was to write about something unusual that happened during the past week. Little Irving got up to read his. "Papa fell in the well last week -" he began.

"Good heavens," shrieked Mrs Smith, the teacher. "Is he all right now?"

"He must be," said little Irving. "He stopped yelling for help yesterday."

ant-mac

A man in a bar sees a friend at a table, drinking by himself. Approaching the friend, he comments, "You look terrible. What's the problem?"

"My mother died in June and left me $30,000." said the friend.

"Gee, that's tough," he replied.

"Then in July," the friend continued, "My father died, leaving me $50,000."

The man looking concerned says, "Wow. Two parents gone in two months. No wonder you're depressed."

The friend continues, "And last month my aunt died and left me $25,000."

"Three close family members lost in three months? How sad!"

"Then this month,..." continued, the friend, "Nothing! Not a single dime!"