Review The King (2019)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0000000.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

Adapts three of four plays (Henry IV Parts 1 & 2, Henry V) within Shakespeare’s second historical tetralogy known as the Henriad

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Chalamet To Play Henry V In “The King”

chalamet-to-play-henry-v-in-the-king-696x464.jpg

Oscar nominee Timothee Chalamet (“Call Me By Your Name,” “Lady Bird”) will star as a young Henry the Fifth in “Animal Kingdom” and “The Rover” director David Michod’s new feature “The King” at Plan B and Netflix.

After his brother is killed in battle before his coronation, a young king (Chalamet) is coronated in the late 1300s. The reluctant ruler wears the crown at a time when England was near a war with France, and the empire is teetering – but he rises to the occasion admirably.

Joel Edgerton and Michod wrote the script and both will produce alongside Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Liz Watts and Jeremy Kleiner. Production will start in June.

Doctor Omega

TGq1PX3.jpg

While “The Rover” and “Animal Kingdom” director David Michod’s first Netflix feature “War Machine” came and went with little fanfare, expect much more attention to be paid to his next one which hits the streamer in July and adapts three of four plays (Henry IV Parts 1 & 2, Henry V) within Shakespeare’s second historical tetralogy known as the Henriad (which was recently adapted for TV as “The Hollow Crown”). Michod and Joel Edgerton penned the adaptations with the latter taking on the key famed role of Falstaff while Ben Mendelsohn is Henry IV, Timothee Chalamet is Henry V, and Robert Pattinson is The Dauphin in this British-Australian-US co-production from Brad Pitt’s Plan B and Blue-Tongue Films.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Chalamet To Play Henry V In “The King"
Point of personal privilege, but could I please ask that gender identifying pronouns not be used in this public space, as it could be very upsetting for some emotionally vulnerable individuals...

Now please excuse me, because I need to find a safe space where I can have a good cry about how ashamed I feel at being born a straight white male.