Fun The Last Movie That You Watched?

Mad_Monster_Party

Sandbox Chief Commissioner
I used to exercise at my Park District, and this guy and his disabled son used to talk to me there, and the son constantly talked about that movie. He was really crazy about it (and pretty obsessed, LOL).
Fun story, Seeker! Yeah, I was too young to remember seeing it when it first came out, in fact I didn't see it until I was about 16, so my reaction was probably more subdued than that! Still a pretty good movie overall though.

ClassicsFan

Staff member
Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Freddie Mercury -- the lead singer of Queen -- defies stereotypes and convention to become one of history's most beloved entertainers. The band's revolutionary sound and popular songs lead to Queen's meteoric rise in the 1970s. After leaving the group to pursue a solo career, Mercury reunites with Queen for the benefit concert Live Aid -- resulting in one of the greatest performances in rock 'n' roll history.

The film won a lot of awards including Academy Awards, Golden Globes, BAFTAs, and Screen Actors Guild.

Mad_Monster_Party

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Freddie Mercury -- the lead singer of Queen -- defies stereotypes and convention to become one of history's most beloved entertainers. The band's revolutionary sound and popular songs lead to Queen's meteoric rise in the 1970s. After leaving the group to pursue a solo career, Mercury reunites with Queen for the benefit concert Live Aid -- resulting in one of the greatest performances in rock 'n' roll history.

The film won a lot of awards including Academy Awards, Golden Globes, BAFTAs, and Screen Actors Guild.
I hope you liked it! It's been a while since I've seen it, but I do remember having a positive opinion of it when it came out.

Mad_Monster_Party

Ok here we go!
The Last movie I saw in a movie theater was "News of the World" - 2020. Very good movie.

Last movies I have seen on dvd were: Mannequin (1987) and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes - (1978). Mannequin was a sweet teen comedy and very likable. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was a very goofy (in a good way) movie that reminded of the Airplane and The Naked Gun movies with it's humor. So I guess I would probably give both a passing grade!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
RAISING ARIZONA (1987)

An American crime comedy film, featuring Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter, John Goodman, William Forsythe, Frances McDormand and Randall "Tex" Cobb.

It has been my experience that the Coen Brothers seldom disappoint... and they certainly didn't this time around.

4/5.

ant-mac

The Birds - 1963

First time I had ever seen it. I can really see why people think of it as a classic!
As a young child, I was allowed to stay up to watch it by my mum and dad.

Mum said if it got too scary for me, I should just switch the TV off. When it got to the part of Tippi Hedren being attacked by the birds in that dark room, I bailed.
It took me about 25 years before I got the chance to find out what happened next... or that the film ended about 10 minutes later... :emoji_confounded:

Mad_Monster_Party

As a young child, I was allowed to stay up to watch it by my mum and dad.

Mum said if it got too scary for me, I should just switch the TV off. When it got to the part of Tippi Hedren being attacked by the birds in that dark room, I bailed.
It took me about 25 years before I got the chance to find out what happened next... or that the film ended about 10 minutes later... :emoji_confounded:
Yes, I can see what you mean. I actually didn’t see it until I was an adult, but still a very good movie and I can definitely see why people would liked it and view it a classic suspense movie!

ant-mac

CONAN THE BARBARIAN (1982)

An epic sword-and-sorcery film directed by John Milius and written by Milius and Oliver Stone. It's based on the character Conan, created by Robert E Howard and features Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Earl Jones, Sandahl Bergman, Ben Davidson, Gerry Lopez, Mako, Valerie Quennessen, William Smith, Nadiuska and Max von Sydow.

It's not for the feint of heart, especially in the final battle, where Conan and his allies take on all-comers. Brutal, bloody and brilliant.

4/5.