Review The PLANET OF THE APES Franchise

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
New ‘Planet of the Apes’ Film From Director Wes Ball in the Works at Fox and Disney

https://www.thewrap.com/new-planet-...ctor-wes-ball-in-the-works-at-fox-and-disney/

A new “Planet of the Apes” movie is in the works at Disney and Fox in what will be the first feature in the franchise since Disney acquired Fox. And the studio has tapped Wes Ball, the director of “The Maze Runner,” to develop and direct the new film, and individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

The project is described as in the early development stages, and it’s not clear whether this will be a continuation of the trilogy that recently concluded with Matt Reeves’ “War for the Planet of the Apes” in 2017, or whether it’s a full reboot or a separate standalone film.

Doctor Omega

The odds aren't in it's favour, in this day and age.

Taylor as a woman, no doubt.

Probably played by that STD captain I soooo wanted to shove out of the nearest airlock.

twe-05.jpg

Doctor Omega

And while the astronauts were in space, there will have been a terrible disease that wiped out all the cats, dogs and straight white males. :emoji_disappointed:

Last edited:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Oh she will because the writers will have that in the synopsis of the film of just how 'orrible all da white men were in the years gone past!!!
JB

Doctor Omega

The next film's not a reboot.......

A few days ago, indications arose that suggested another reboot was in store. Today, the film’s director Wes Ball has shot down that talk, saying on Twitter:

“It’s never been easier for film journalists to actually get in touch with the actual people who actually know… but maybe it’s the point to NOT fact-check these days? Regardless. Don’t worry. I won’t ruin the surprises, but it’s safe to say Caesar’s legacy will continue.”

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
The next film's not a reboot.......

Sounds promising.

I'm a huge fan of the original film series and the new film trilogy.

I'd be very happy if it was continued.