Spoilers The Walking Dead (2010)

Hux

Member: Rank 6
It's pretty obvious that once you kill the guy, the saviours collapse but Jeffrey Dean Morgan is too compelling to lose this early so you just know they're gonna capture him and put him in that cell Morgan built. In the real world, that's a really dumb decision but it's definitely where the show will go.

It also just happened to be Morgan's suggestion in the last episode.

They're gonna drag this out for at least another season.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Indeed they are gonna drag it. One more thing going for Fear the Walking Dead than TWD doesn't have. They don't drag, in FTWD you don't know where the characters are gonna end up and they even change scenery 2 or 3 times in a season, contrary to TWD where they get stuck in a place with half a season of the same old shit.. time and time again.

I do hope there is still some decency on the writers, so they just STOP rubbing off Negan through our faces and start writing some twists !

Hux

Last night's episode was pretty slow. Who are those junkyard weirdos?

They're recruiting a decent army though. Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom and now these freaks.

I suspect that women's group Tara found a while back will also be dragged in too.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
OK you two veterans - talk me into a world of catch-up if you can, and pretty please because I must be missing out on something if you're into series 7 by now. All I can say say is I approached the first episode with a gleefully gruesome open mind and in-the-bank respect for Mr Lincoln (Teachers - seriously - worse monsters than the kids he taught?) But before the opening credits were over - and yes, American ones do tend to last the first 20 minutes - even so I still hadn't laughed, cringed or gagged anywhere near as much as the first 5 mins of Shaun of the Dead.
How soon does it get good?

Hux

Season One is excellent (and a nice concise six episodes) and helmed by the brilliant Frank Darabont. It was a huge success so AMC decided to try and make more money by cutting the budget for Season Two and extending it to thirteen episodes (an unhappy Darabont was consequently also fired). As such the quality dropped quite a bit (Season Two is pretty boring, slow stuff).

Season Three is an improvement with the introduction of the prison and the Governor (the excellent David Morrissey). Four and Five are okay. Six focuses on the Alexandria safe zone and ends with the arrival of the Negan character.

There's some great stuff in the show; there's also some stupid, repetitive crap.

I got into it then kinda lost interest midway through Season Three. I decided to go back to it last year and binge watched the whole thing (which is often the best way to watch a show) and caught up.

I'm addicted now but there's a LOT to criticise.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I fucking hate Eugene by now and Morgan lossing it is tragic, but at least we will get some really good episodes ahead. The plot involving the assassination of Negan was dumb as hell. If two girls can enter such a highly guarded complex in search of Negan, they should just send a comitee and kill them all while they sleep like they did last time but better.

I always forget that the series is getting so dumb by now with the whole "Negan indestructible stuff" that they don't pretend like it's dumb so they keep on going.

Hux

I'm starting to think Morgan killed his son. They had some kind of suicide pact but something went wrong. That's why he refused to kill for so long.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I think they are going to war, and then summer break leading into next season. They are building up and they are going to start the other walking dead show.

BTW I'm tired of mid season breaks and drawing out a season.

Also I do read the comic wiki so I'm kinda up to date on whats going to happen.

Hux

The Amazonians are on board so we've got, Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom, Scavengers and them.

Negan seems to know what's coming though so it's either Gregory or Enid feeding him information.

Hux

As I posted in the other thread.

Season One is excellent (and a nice concise six episodes) and helmed by the brilliant Frank Darabont. It was a huge success so AMC decided to try and make more money by cutting the budget for Season Two and extending it to thirteen episodes (an unhappy Darabont was consequently also fired). As such the quality dropped quite a bit (Season Two is pretty boring, slow stuff).

Season Three is an improvement with the introduction of the prison and the Governor (the excellent David Morrissey). Four and Five are okay. Six focuses on the Alexandria safe zone and ends with the arrival of the Negan character.

There's some great stuff in the show; there's also some stupid, repetitive crap.

I got into it then kinda lost interest midway through Season Three. I decided to go back to it last year and binge watched the whole thing (which is often the best way to watch a show) and caught up.

I'm addicted now but there's a LOT to criticise.

There's no question that there are a lot of filler episodes in this show.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Sometimes there are characters that you love to hate!

But what about Negan?

Do you love him as a character?

Or hate him?

And, either way, please explain!