Review The Wandering Earth (2019)

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
The Wandering Earth (流浪地球) is a 2019 Chinese science fiction film directed by Frank Gwo, based on the novella of the same name by author Liu Cixin. It stars Qu Chuxiao, Li Guangjie, Ng Man-tat, Zhao Jinmai, Wu Jing and Qu Jingjing. The film was theatrically released on 5 February 2019 by China Film Group Corporation, followed by North America and Australia on February 8, 2019.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
The reason I have some interest in this film is because I was looking to read some science fiction about climate change (cli-fi), and I accidentally discovered that there is a huge science fiction scene in China! This particular author has written cli-fi also. I'd like to get my hands on it.

That said I'm not sure it's playing in a theater near me. I see Netflix got a hold of it, which SUCKS because I don't have Netflix. I used to have Netflix but dropped it when I started paying for the ad-free version of Hulu, seeing as Hulu had almost all of my TV shows and Netflix didn't have the movies I wanted to see. (I never watched Netflix's original programming - my mother watched "Fuller House" and that was one of the dumbest shows I have ever seen.) So I have to find another way to get it.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/21/...na-science-fiction-blockbuster-cixin-liu-film