Review The Whittaker Doctor

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I'd say that my "hint post" says pretty much exactly how I feel about it. I honestly cannot imagine anyone I'd like to see more than TE at the controls of the TARDIS. If it weren't for NG weighing in on it, I wouldn't have given it any credence at all. But since Lucifer is NG's show.... well, he's not a guy to just throw around BS for no reason at all and I know he's a fan of DW so I especially don't think he'd jack with the fans.

But only time will tell and we all know "Who/HOW" Timey Wimey these things can be.

Sorry to disappoint you AM... I do kinda feel like DW is your baby (along with Bond of course) but I'm all over TE as Who... like.....
well.... a gal who is capable of giving herself her own "bath" (without a tub) right about now!

Hmmmmm..... and now I'm "all wet"....... how on Earth did that happen?!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And for Tom/Lucifer who would both love them.... :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
No worries, JTB. What fun would it be if we all had exactly the same opinion on every subject?

Just so long as they cast someone who can do justice to the role and is unique in their own way... :emoji_relaxed:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I would imagine they'll continue to play out the "Who's the new Who" game for as long as they can and then do another MS type "World Tour" Announcement. That got them a lot of press, a bunch of new viewers and who knows how much in new cash influxes.

I shall, as always, be patiently awaiting your latest updates Doc as you really, truly are the: "Man who knows the plan" in my book. So until you tell us "Who's" nailed down for it, I won't worry or hold my breath...... (that gets harder as I get older anyway) and also, by-the-by, Welcome to the 50 and fabulous club Doc!!!!!! Sorry it's so belated...... the "aging" are a bit more forgetful as time passes!

I hope your day and your 50th year are as wild and wonderful as possible, as you deserve the best life has to offer! You rock our little world here at IMDF and it wouldn't be the same without you!!!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_kiss::emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And since the DBs can't count have a bunch of them for your very own.... if belatedly!
:emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

:emoji_champagne::emoji_champagne_glass: :emoji_raising_hand: :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Doctor Who” Secrecy Puts Director In Dark

doctor-who-secrecy-puts-director-in-dark-696x464.jpg

If there is one person you’d expect to be in on the identity of the actor or actress playing the next incarnation of The Doctor on The BBC’s “Doctor Who,” you’d expect it to be the director of the episode in which he undergoes his regeneration.

That’s not the case it would seem. Rachel Talalay has directed numerous episodes of the series under current Doctor Peter Capaldi’s run, and is helming the show’s Christmas Special for this year – the one in which Capaldi regenerates into the thirteenth Doctor.

In a surprising reveal on her Twitter account, Talalay confirmed she doesn’t know the identity of who is playing the new Doctor at this point, even though whomever is playing the role has been cast . Beyond the actor/actress themselves, only a handful of producers are presently aware of the choice.

Though it’s customary for the new Doctor to cameo in the final seconds or minutes of a departing Doctor’s final episode, the possibility is the special will NOT include a look at the new Doctor. Alternatively the scene in question could easily be shot at a later date. The “Doctor Who” Christmas Special airs December 25th on The BBC.

Doctor Omega

Doctor Who: Peter Capaldi's replacement to be revealed on Sunday after Wimbledon men's final

After months of anticipation and speculation, the BBC have announced that the actor who will play the Thirteenth Doctor will be revealed on Sunday on BBC One, after the men's final match ends at Wimbledon.

BBC One's Wimbledon broadcast is set to conclude at 6.30pm, when it will move over to BBC Two, assuming that the men's match has finished by then. However, tennis being tennis, the match could last anywhere between an hour and six. So keen fans will just have to keep an eye on the score to know when the announcement is likely to come.

The news was revealed via a one-minute video in which the number 13 was featured in various different scenarios, from Downing Street to the White Cliffs of Dover.

At the end, an announcement popped up that read: "Meet the 13th Doctor after the Wimbledon men's final Sunday 16th July."

The actor will take over from Peter Capaldi, who announced that he would be stepping down from Doctor Who earlier this year.

Speculation has been rife over who will be the next actor to play the Time Lord, with Fleabag's Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Death in Paradise star Kris Marshall being popular choices. But we'll have to wait until Sunday to find out who it is for sure.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
My hope is that they decline to actually reveal the new actor. Then, on Christmas evening, at the very end of the special, Capaldi begins the Regeneration process, falls to the ground, then pops up into view, and it's River Song, who looks at the camera and simply says "Hello, Sweeties".

Doctor Omega

From The Sun Newspaper Website.....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...e-waller-bridge-kris-marshall-natalie-dormer/

Who’s favourite to be the next Doctor Who?

Peter will step down as the Doctor at the end of the year after starring in one final season, and his regeneration scene is expected to take place during the 2017 Christmas special.

But who will replace him? Sun Bets Spokesman Tim Reynolds explains that, as far as he’s concerned, it’s already in the bag.

“We suspended betting on the next Doctor Who after a big run of money for Phoebe Waller-Bridge and our trading team suspected it was a done deal,” he says.

“For months many have thought Kris Marshall had the job in the bag, but our liabilities on Phoebe say otherwise.

“Doctor Who has always been about time travel, but with a new female Doctor the show seems finally to be hurtling into the 21st Century!”

So Phoebe looks a dead cert – but you can still have a flutter. Here’s the lowdown on the favourites (odds from Ladbrokes, correct to July 14 – check out the latest here)…

Doctor Omega

So, to summarise, these would seem to be the top three contenders......

Jodie Whittaker

JS118644298.jpg

Kris Marshall

gallery-1487343981-gettyimages-130706442.jpg

Phoebe Waller-Bridge

00.jpg

or could it be someone else entirely; betting slips be damned?

The countdown begins..... :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The BBC's own site is headlining Phoebe Waller-Bridge in it's story about the reveal....

Doctor Who: Could Phoebe Waller-Bridge replace Peter Capaldi?

The Fleabag star is the new favourite to take over from Peter Capaldi - who else could be his replacement?

They also say.....

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the new favourite to take on the part and become the first female Doctor. Former companion Billie Piper told the BBC it would "feel like a snub" if the role went to another man - but would Phoebe be able to squeeze the Tardis in around time on the Millennium Falcon now she's started filming the new Star Wars Han Solo movie?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38808070

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Phoebe has been asked about it.....

The actress responded by laughing, before coyly replying: ‘I’m not – allowed to say anything about that one way or the other. It would be cool – but I’m doing other stuff.’