Review Trek Babylon!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Avery_Brooks.jpg

Sisko High is either the name of a new spin off series, or a possible assessment of the following clip?

Something tells me it may be the latter.

Doctor Omega

Sad to say, Brent Spiner seems to be getting fed up of answering questions about Data and Star Trek.... while at Comicon.....

A reasonable or unreasonable stance on his part?

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I remember Shatner on the promotional stuff for Star Trek V I think, where introduces Walter Koenig as the guy who plays ensign Chekov and Koenig then sorts of winces and says his name, Walter koenig as Shatner trundles off to speak to someone else! I always thought that was a weird way to speak to one of his co-stars!
JB

johnnybear

Funny isn't it how actors, once the lowest job you could have in this country or any other is now the most prized and the financial rewards are ridiculously exorbitant! Can you imagine actors of today even forced to work for the paltry sums of £300 a week and left physically and mentally spent each and every day? No they get paid £4000 or even higher for each show and their US equivalent of pay can make you feel very sick indeed!
JB

Doctor Omega

It's that oh-so dismissive and defensive laugh/chuckle of his I think. clearly regularly used against anyone who might have a point to make that he doesn't like.

And guaranteed to make "the seven dwarves" on Classic Trek (as he reportedly called them) seethe with broiling rage and anger! :emoji_grin:

Whoever the guy on that clip who fell foul of Shatner was though, I bet he left the business after that day! :emoji_head_bandage:

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
On the one hand, I would get sick of answering the same questions for 23 years. On the other hand, maybe he should spend a year flipping burgers or swinging a hammer and see how much those questions bother him. :emoji_relaxed:
As someone who has spent almost 17 years working at a meat counter - answering the same questions to the same people over and over again - I would relish having to answer mundane questions at press junkets.

Seriously, how do people not remember which steak they like to eat when they buy it every fucking week?

(sorry, it's been a shitty week at work)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Sad to say, Brent Spiner seems to be getting fed up of answering questions about Data and Star Trek.... while at Comicon.....

A reasonable or unreasonable stance on his part?

In some aspects, I'd say reasonable. There was a video I saw a while back of Hugh Laurie on various talk shows being visibly annoyed at questions he had answered too many times. And for the most part, it was highlighting the point that most talk show hosts (or their staff) don't do much research into the celebrities or their careers.

However, if you've played an iconic character in a cult show, and you're at an event which celebrates cult media, you're going to get those questions. Suck it up.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
If you hire Shatner for a radio spot, you're an idiot if you tell him how to read it. And I don't mean an idiot because Shatner thinks you're an idiot, but an idiot because you are in fact an idiot. Shatner was a little harsh on the guy the but honestly he deserved it.

Doctor Omega

The clip was played back to Shatner on a radio show and eventually he conceded "Now I'm just being cruel" as it went on.

I do think that the engineer guy was going to waste everybody's time by showing off his authority at Shatner's expense when the take was, in fact, fine. This correcting of Shatner's delivery might have dragged on for take after take.

Shatner short-circuited all that by wasting a lot less of everybody's time with a cruelly entertaining takedown of the man.

The fact that the guy so quickly backed down and wanted to run under a rock shows, I think, that he wasn't equipped for the job anyway.

Doctor Omega

Star Trek Voyager Star Jennifer Lien Arrested for Driving on Revoked License

Published on Mar 13, 2018

The woman who played Kes on " Star Trek: Voyager " has come crashing back down to Earth, courtesy of cops in Tennessee ... who keep busting her for driving when she shouldnt be. Law enforcement tells us Jennifer Lien was arrested March 2 for driving on a revoked license, which should have sounded very familiar to her. Cops hauled her in for the same exact thing earlier that week on Feb. 27! Were told Lien was pulled over, for the 2nd time, because she was driving with no visible tags.

johnnybear

I remember seeing an article about her a while back when she was 'flashing' kids in her neighbourhood and she looked ghastly! Her face was empty of thought and she had put on a helluva lot of weight from her Voyager days! I think I'd read that she was on drugs or something like that! Sad end to what was a promising career!
JB

Doctor Omega

She seems to look a little better in the above mug shot in comparison, but is clearly still in a mess.

Grace Lee Whitney pulled herself back from Hell after her spectacular descent, after a sexual assault by a mysterious "executive", followed by her immediate sacking by Rodenberry. Hopefully Jennifer can do the same.

I do wonder if her problems manifested during or after VOYAGER? If leaving was her choice - or unconnected to her current predicament? Or if she was discreetly let go after the discovery that she had a problem?

Last edited:

johnnybear

I can't quite agree with you there my friend about Jennifer Lien having improved in looks! She is somewhat scary to look at when you remember what she used to look like and you know that her decline has been caused by self abuse due to drug taking! Maybe she did start to go downhill after she was removed from the series. Originally I thought she just wanted to move on as they do but I think she was fired because they wanted to bring in a newer sexier woman in the show, but when they couldn't, they hired Jeri Ryan! :emoji_smirk:
JB