Review Twin Peaks (1990)

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
OK, OK... Good to know. Because was exactly what I was planning to do. :emoji_scream: I wonder what happens then if you get a negative rating.
Nothing much except it's a way for the community to rate bad behavior without having moderators intervene. If and only if a user has managed to collect a considerable amount of bad ratings the moderators could potentially give a warning to said user and or consider demotion or even suspension but really... you have to be a very bad guy for that to happen.

Ratings are there so everyone here has it's reputation, the more you help and collaborate, the more higher your reputation.

For opinions, it's best to make polls. You can do as much as you want since you now have your own subforum.

Bob Peters 61

Member: Rank 2
I did post on TMDB on my thread on the Kolchak forum, though I did get it a bit wrong. I said IMDB forums com (was a bit worried a direct link might get my account banned, thus wiping out the message.
I would have replied back if you hadn't been able to find us. Leave no sage behind :)
Yeah, I was wondering how that could be, considering that we went to that other forum when IMDB shut down theirs, where we were before.

DTM

Member: Rank 1
I did post on TMDB on my thread on the Kolchak forum, though I did get it a bit wrong. I said IMDB forums com (was a bit worried a direct link might get my account banned, thus wiping out the message.
I would have replied back if you hadn't been able to find us. Leave no sage behind :)
Just stopped by there to see where you guys are headed--and where I'll be lurking. I posted the correction. We'll see if I get nuked. Not that I really care.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
You won't get nuked here and the subforum is already created, plus. I can name a moderator of your chosing on this subforum so you're sure to retain control of it. As long as you post here, this is your new house. :emoji_blush:

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
You won't get nuked here and the subforum is already created, plus. I can name a moderator of your chosing on this subforum so you're sure to retain control of it. As long as you post here, this is your new house. :emoji_blush:
For about 30-something weeks at least. Thanks a lot!

Cloister56

Member: Rank 3
Just wanted to clarify, are we all going to watch the original pilot episode (running time about 90 mins) and not the international pilot (running time nearly 2 hours).
The concensus seems to be the original is better and one of the other forum users has also confirmed this.
Apparently the international one also reveals the killer.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Just wanted to clarify, are we all going to watch the original pilot episode (running time about 90 mins) and not the international pilot (running time nearly 2 hours).
The concensus seems to be the original is better and one of the other forum users has also confirmed this.
Apparently the international one also reveals the killer.
Never watch the international version when you watch the original show.
It was made to sell to Europe, as a tv movie, as a way to earn back the money the pilot cost, incase it would fail to launch as a tv show.

Mad-Pac

Should we stay or should we go? Assessment time!

Methinks a change of seasons is the best time for us to confirm our choice for the show or reject it. Let's get deeper into the Laura Palmer mystery, or pretend the season 1 finale is how everything is resolved?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Peters 61

Member: Rank 2
Hardly as psyched as the question lets on, but I've gotta find out who that slender woman in a black coat and gloves was who shot Agent Cooper. Possibly Blackie? She's a slender woman deeply involved in criminal activity who tends to dress in black and would have a motive, but her responsibilities at Jack's may have kept her there. Especially with a band of fun-loving Icelandic investors bringing their eternal party to her establishment. I vote to keep on through Season 2.

Brimfin

Member: Rank 3
I would be less than honest if I didn't admit this show has been a disappointment. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, but so far even the early episodes have been underwhelming. I doubt the final failed season ones will be much better. Nevertheless, I've already wasted...I mean invested...time in watching season 3, so I would have to see what happened in season 2 to lead up to it anyway. Might at well watch it with this group rather than just me and my wife watching it by ourselves. So I vote to continue, but I can't bring myself to click "Yes" on the poll because my feelings are much closer to those on the "No" response.

Mad-Pac

So I vote to continue, but I can't bring myself to click "Yes" on the poll because my feelings are much closer to those on the "No" response.
Well, I'm sure you got that, but I'll say it anyway. The enthusiasm in the YES answer is definitely ironic, as I can see for sure nobody is that stoked about the show.

Just to oppose you, I voted on the poll, but won't vote in the comments... :emoji_smirk:

Gary L

Member: Rank 1
Diane

rr-11300-r.jpg

Diane is a most interesting character. Apparently, next to Agents Cole and Rosenfield she knew more about Dale Cooper than anyone being his assistant and/or secretary. He certainly confided in her. They may even have had a physical relationship at one point, though that would be unprofessional. That hasn't stopped many others.

I imagine what she must have felt when Cooper went into the Black Lodge. Sadness, fear, anger, dread among other things. Not to mention curiosity. So apparently she found out how and went into the Black Lodge after him. I can't say that I saw or read this, but she was in the Black Lodge and was released by a combination of factors.

As to the conclusion of the present series it seems to me that both Cooper and Diane got insight into the nature of other dimensions relative to Earth, the Black Lodge being one of them. While there Diane, then as Naido, even helped Cooper in his transition. And upon their reappearance on Earth Diane had a better idea of Cooper's motives and goal than anyone.

I suspect that if one could actually travel to another dimension, though you might be another personality you would retain a vestige of your original one, which seems to be the case with Cooper who has become 'Richard'. I think Diane left him because she knew he had to find Carrie Page and her presence might interfere. I thought when Richard and Carrie were seemingly followed while driving it was Diane (Linda). I also imagine that she knew where they were going and went there herself, to Twin Peaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
What's So Great About Twin Peaks

We look back at the iconic series, Twin Peaks, to understand what made it so groundbreaking and influential. The series created by David Lynch and Mark Frost brought cinematic visual techniques to TV, challenged audiences, and built an atmosphere that countless shows have since tried to emulate.