Review Verne Troyer

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
R.I.P. “Austin Powers” Actor Verne Troyer

r-i-p-austin-powers-actor-verne-troyer-696x464.jpg

Verne Troyer, who famously played Mini-Me in the “Austin Powers” movies, died on Saturday at the age of 49.

Troyer suffered from alcoholism and depression and had been hospitalized in recent weeks due to alcohol poisoning. A statement posted to Instagram at the beginning of April said he was “getting the best care possible”. A statement just posted today on his Facebook page doesn’t indicate the cause of death and says:

“It is with great sadness and incredibly heavy hearts to write that Verne passed away today. Verne was an extremely caring individual. He wanted to make everyone smile, be happy, and laugh. Anybody in need, he would help to any extent possible.

Verne hoped he made a positive change with the platform he had and worked towards spreading that message everyday. During this recent time of adversity he was baptized while surrounded by his family. The family appreciates that they have this time to grieve privately.

Depression and Suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another. And always know, it’s never too late to reach out to someone for help.”

In lieu of flowers, the note asks for donations to be made in Verne’s name to his two favorite charities – The Starkey Hearing Foundation and Best Buddies.

Doctor Omega

It came as a shock.

Depression and Suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another. And always know, it’s never too late to reach out to someone for help.”
And, although nothing has been confirmed yet, this part of the statement doesn't bode well, of course. :emoji_cry:

Doctor Omega

Mike Myers Issues Statement on Verne Troyer's Passing

In a heartfelt statement, Mike Myers paid tribute Saturday to his 'Austin Powers' co-star Verne Troyer, who passed away this weekend at the age of 49. Myers said, "Verne was the consummate professional and a beacon of positivity for those of us who had the honor of working with him. “It is a sad day, but I hope he is in a better place. He will be greatly missed.”

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Another sad day and another shocking death for 2018. This year just gets better and better... :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Such a shame.

Requiescat in pace.

Doctor Omega

Mini-Me actor Verne Troyer's death is ruled a suicide

_103807773_vernetroyer_gettyimages-867666896.jpg

Austin Powers actor Verne Troyer's death has been ruled a suicide by a coroner in Los Angeles.

The actor, best known for playing Mini-Me in the Austin Powers films, died in April at the age of 49.

Troyer, who was 2ft 8in (81cm) tall, also played Griphook in the first Harry Potter film.

Following an autopsy and further tests, the Los Angeles County Coroner said he died from the effects of alcohol, and ruled his death was a suicide.

He had been open about his alcoholism and was treated for alcohol addiction last year.

He wrote a post to fans on Facebook that said "while it's not always been an easy fight, I'm willing to continue my fight day by day".

Troyer appeared on Celebrity Big Brother in the UK in 2009 and in a number of reality TV shows.

He also made regular appearances on Celebrity Juice and starred in Keith Lemon's feature-length film, Keith Lemon: The Film.