Review Vincent Price

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I remember that advert for Hang Man!! Wow! Such good memories! Adverts were so entertaining back then before all this modern crap came in!
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I actually had no idea, JB. In fact I did not even know that Vincent had ever appeared with the Ronnies until stumbling on this yesterday.

I assumed that it was from THE TWO RONNIES, but was surprised to find that it comes from a show called FROST ON SUNDAY, of which - surprise surprise - it seems only ten episodes survive....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062564/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Network - bless 'em - have released what's left....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Frost...id=1535241737&sr=8-1&keywords=frost+on+sunday

johnnybear

I think I've read something about Vincent Price appearing with the Two Ronnies before but I've always assumed it was on their show and not someone elses! Thanks, Doc!
JB

Doctor Omega

Cassandra Peterson talking about working with Vincent Price

Cassandra Peterson, aka, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, in her 2018 Salem, MA appearance for 2018 Horror Fest at Peabody Essex Museum speaking about her idol (and mine!!) Vincent Price. She was there for the 30th Anniversary of her 1988 movie.

Doctor Omega

1974 Horror Hall of Fame - hosted by Vincent Price

In 1974 Vincent Price hosted the Horror Hall of Fame, a light hearted and fun-filled look at horror movies through the years. Price's assistant was a hunchback named Zuckman, played by none other than Billy Van, the host of the Hilarious House of Frightenstein, a Canadian horror host program in which Price also appeared. Special guests for the night were John Carradine, Frank Gorshin, John Astin, makeup artist William Tuttle and actress Candy Clark, and Raymond McNally (author). There are tributes to famous films (and Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine), but the best parts are the sit down interviews between Price and the special guests. This is a wonderful piece of TV history that I'm truly glad survived. Price appears to be having a blast.

johnnybear

Vincent Price only played a vampire the once and that was in Monster Club which was made in 1980 so Kermit's bite may have been the catalyst...!
JB