Review Warlord: Episode 51

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I like the bleakness and betrayal of this episode.

Zukan is a total tosser, but also a man haunted by his own monstrosity. But that doesn't stop him sacrificing his co-pilot in the airlock, just a minute after saying that he sees his victim's faces.

Where the heck did Servalan hide that bomb? The mind boggles.

Vila is just a sarcastic, drunken wreck now.

Tarrant is, once again, a sucker for a pretty face.

Soolin shows that she is as much a fast thinker as a fast shooter. The Zeona ploy showing her quick wits.

There is a sense of sadness as the base is damaged. The Federation is closing in at last.

Who would have thought that Avon would ever fully adopt Blake's role of organising a resistance? is he holding the fort, as he did at the end of Star One, until Blake returns? Is he that loyal a friend? Or is it just a pragmatic decision? Winning being the only safety now? This latter possibility doesn't make sense though as, at the end of Terminal, the Scorpio crew never even needed to become the Scorpio crew.

They could have just gone their separate ways, with - beyond Servalan wanting Orac - the Federation having zero interest in them.

Why bother staking Avon out on the ground? Just shoot the bugger! Those Federation guards never learn!

I like his line "If just one of them dies, for any reason whatsoever, so do you Zukan!" It is nice to see his concern for his crewmates break through.

A good episode, done in a somewhat cinematic manner, with bizarre crash-zooms and the like.

Once again, everything has gone horribly wrong. But the group survive.

And they are now ready for their appointment on Gauda Prime....

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
A low key end of the series for Servalan, but with Zukan gone I suppose the Federation will gobble up that territory and we're almost back to series 1 as far as The Federation goes.
Avon's diplomacy leaves something to be desired as he shouts and bullies the delegates and of course it was doomed to failure. Rick James hasn't improved since the Mutants,and the others weren't much better.
The radioactive virus was novel and Vila retreating into the bottle was fun and the almost punch up with Tarrant I liked.
When I first saw this I dismissed as crap the scene where Tarrant fixes the ventilation system with a magic pen touching a screen!, now it's dated, touch screen technology just seemed like, ....well science fiction.
I noticed that even though Servalan wanted the location of the base from Zukan, she didn't seem devastated not to get it. Our heroes are small potatoes now. Servalan's non appearance on Gauda Prime may be interpreted as ambivalence on her part, let the foot soldiers deal with that irrelevant lot , she had more important things to do.
Finally Zeeona's wig was too idiotic to be taken seriously and umdermined the character.
6/10

Last edited:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
This one was only ever of interest due to it being the penultimate episode really and the gorgeous Bobbie Brown who appeared as Zeeona but didn't she look silly in that pink wig!!
JB

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I really wish Network would release Tropic from 1979 just so we could get to see more of actress Bobbie Brown whom I thought was an absolute beauty!
JB