Fun Women Playing Instruments.

MIKEPR

Member: Rank 1
I go on YouTube a lot and often look over artists who sing and often are trying to break though into the business.

Usually it's women and a lot of them are musicians as well and while there are some I know of who do play guitar all the time there are still some have some guy player guitar for them.

Obviously if one chooses to just sing then that's fine I wouldn't expect anyone to go out of their way to please anyone but the fact that even in this dang age you probably have more men playing instruments then women.

I wonder why?

Heeeeey

Member: Rank 2
I don't know why that is. Maybe it just gets down to biology. Women for the most part just want to marry and have children and don't have much ambition beyond that. Whereas men are always encouraged to have a career.

MIKEPR

Member: Rank 1
I don't know why that is. Maybe it just gets down to biology. Women for the most part just want to marry and have children and don't have much ambition beyond that. Whereas men are always encouraged to have a career.
Obviously you have no intelligence.

Don't respond if you can't give a decent answer.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I am here to clarify that this is entirely your idea and has no basis in science. With that same idea in mind, I can also come up with the conclusion that men can't get out of the sex stage because they are always looking to impregnate as much females as possible where females are more free to pursue other interests without being subjects to their inner impulses all the time, hence, they are better.

You can't mix biology and make conclusions like that.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Having said that. Women DOES HAVE an expanded range of emotions compared to men and that was scientifically proven. Women have a tendency to be more sensitive of others, on the other hand, men does have a tendency to be more rational about it (take note that I said tendency).

With that point in mind, I think there are more men than women playing instruments not because biology but by social conditioning.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Look up The Pretty Reckless. The lead singer is a women and also plays guitar. She use to be Cindy Lou Who in How The Grinch Stole Christmas w/Jim Carrey.

Heeeeey

I am here to clarify that this is entirely your idea and has no basis in science. With that same idea in mind, I can also come up with the conclusion that men can't get out of the sex stage because they are always looking to impregnate as much females as possible where females are more free to pursue other interests without being subjects to their inner impulses all the time, hence, they are better.

You can't mix biology and make conclusions like that.
How do you figure females have more free time to pursue other interests even if they HAD other interests? Once they marry and have kids, these days the husband wants them to work outside the home too while also maintaining housekeeping and child-rearing duties. A woman's life revolves around her family, whereas men (much to their credit) actually have other interests to talk about other than a family that most people aren't interested in hearing about anyway.

Wanting to impregnate as many women as they can is different than actually doing it. And even then, I don't think it would take up every minute of their waking life. If that were the case, we wouldn't have all these men contributions to all the science, medical, music and every other field of endeavor because they would've been too busy impregnating women.

Heeeeey

Having said that. Women DOES HAVE an expanded range of emotions compared to men and that was scientifically proven. Women have a tendency to be more sensitive of others, on the other hand, men does have a tendency to be more rational about it (take note that I said tendency).

With that point in mind, I think there are more men than women playing instruments not because biology but by social conditioning.
When I was a little girl, the first instrument I was interested in learning to play was the trumpet. I was talked out of it because that was 'a boy's instrument'. I don't think there's such a thing as a 'girl's instrument' that boys are discouraged from playing.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
How do you figure females have more free time to pursue other interests even if they HAD other interests? Once they marry and have kids, these days the husband wants them to work outside the home too while also maintaining housekeeping and child-rearing duties. A woman's life revolves around her family, whereas men (much to their credit) actually have other interests to talk about other than a family that most people aren't interested in hearing about anyway.

Wanting to impregnate as many women as they can is different than actually doing it. And even then, I don't think it would take up every minute of their waking life. If that were the case, we wouldn't have all these men contributions to all the science, medical, music and every other field of endeavor because they would've been too busy impregnating women.
Yes exactly. The whole point of my argument is that you can make up almost any argument that will benefit one side or the other and still find a way to make it valid. This is a very old dilema and frankly, I do not think something definitive can be said about either.

It's true that women in the old days were more centered around the home and having children but your forget that that time was very marginal for women. The entire society wasn't "expecting" them to do any other thing and when they did, they were called all kinds of names and then got marginalized.

I'm not pro feminist nor pro anything. I think each human being is unique and we, as human beings shouldn't put labels on what a person or it's sex "should" be doing in life. Everyone is unique.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
When I was a little girl, the first instrument I was interested in learning to play was the trumpet. I was talked out of it because that was 'a boy's instrument'. I don't think there's such a thing as a 'girl's instrument' that boys are discouraged from playing.
That's terrible that you were told that, because being a band geek, I knew a lot of female trumpet players. However, back in my day, boys were looked down upon for playing the clarinet or the flute, because those were looked at as "chick" instruments.