Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I'm on the fence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
And then, in the final three issues, Kirby creates a new character: Machine Man, a purple cyborg originally called Mister Machine who proved so popular Marvel canceled 2001 , gave the character its own books, and introduced it into the general Marvel population.

Machine Man v1 #01-1.jpg

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
"My understanding is that Marvel said, 'Who should do this?,’ and everyone said Kirby," says Mark Evanier, a comic book writer, Kirby friend and colleague, and author of the biography Kirby: King of Comics. Kirby was the right choice for the assignment, but, Evanier says, he was wary of taking on someone else’s story, especially one as iconic as Kubrick’s vision of 2001.
Who should do this? Nobody. :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

Must admit though, I am curious to read the whole run to see what crazy places Kirby took the story after the end of the movie adaption.

I didn't realise that Machine Man was born here.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Space Odyssey: JACK KIRBY

Hey, those are not bad! Not as atmospheric as the movie but good in an original way. Can you believe I never really noticed the astronauts are men and the women are relegated to service roles? And they are all white, yes. Good thing he improved on that. And how neat is it that we got a new superhero out of this series. I bet he didn’t even plan it, I’ll bet it just happened.

Doctor Omega

2069: A Sex Odyssey (1974) trailer

MV5BMjE2MDgwMzU1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc4MTU1MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Five sexy females from the planet Venus are sent to Earth to bring back sperm samples to their planet, which is dying out because there are no men left on it. After the land they find that it's not all that difficult persuading Earthmen to help them in their quest.

Last edited: