Review American Gods (2016)

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Even if.... gravity actually does work? (hence the discovery of the bra!)
And....... the hair leans a bit towards red (although the discovery of hair color makes that optional)

Cause I'm down for the BBQ, don't have a gun and can't worship the dollar because it's just got no substance anymore!!!!
Actually, I have a bit of a confession to make...

When it comes to the Australian Gods, I'm a bit of a non-believer. I can't stand BBQs, because I hate the sight of flies - if they come near me, I bin my meal. I recently discovered that I don't mind the odd beer - although I do still prefer a shandy. However, I did once know a blonde with big boobs... Ah, memories... :emoji_relaxed:

duzit

Member: Rank 6
@duzit I hope I didn't offend with my comment. Honestly, the video wouldn't play for me.
OMG,
Oh, I'm Sooooo sorry. I've corrected the rating. It was done totally by accident. I use a very small mobile device & on the screen the red up & down arrow is over imposed on the very last of the rating icons. I have caught these accidents before, but obviously this one I did not. Please accept my apologies...

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
OMG,
Oh, I'm Sooooo sorry. I've corrected the rating. It was done totally by accident. I use a very small mobile device & on the screen the red up & down arrow is over imposed on the very last of the rating icons. I have caught these accidents before, but obviously this one I did not. Please accept my apologies...
I sometimes think advanced technology will be our downfall one day.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I've yet to find another drink that's as satisfying when it comes to quenching your thirst.
We're talking Moonshine here right? Remind me sometime to tell you about my first encounter with that particular beverage and climbing a snowy hill "like a mountain goat!..... After the effects kicked in.....

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: And drunkin' DBs trying to stay in tune and on their feet! :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Starz Chief Sees No End To “American Gods”

starz-chief-sees-no-end-to-american-gods-696x464.jpg

Talking up his network’s upcoming product yesterday, Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht spoke about the long-term plans for their breakout new drama series “American Gods”.

The series adaptation of the Neil Gaiman book was envisioned as an ongoing series, but how many seasons it might ultimately reach is unclear.

We do know it has been renewed for a second season, and showrunner Bryan Fuller has previously hinted that at least three seasons (of eight episodes each) would be needed to adapt the tome. The question is, does Starz want to keep going forward with it? Albrecht says:

“Like most of the things we do, we are guided by people in charge of the creative vision, our partner here is FremantleMedia. The vision of Neil is the guiding light, and [exec producers] Bryan Fuller and Michael Green are translators of that vision. We are on board as long as it makes sense for Starz. I don’t see any end in sight, but it also is a difficult show to wrangle, we are trying to get it as soon as we can.”

“American Gods” rode in on a wave of strong reviews for its first four episodes, reviews for the second half of the season, however, were less enthusiastic. Ratings for the series have been solid, but unremarkable.

Doctor Omega

Gillian Anderson Departing “American Gods”

Following confirmation of her exit from “The X-Files,” actress Gillian Anderson also won’t be returning to play Media in the “American Gods” series adaptation at Starz.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Anderson’s exit is a direct result of showrunners Bryan Fuller and Michael Green leaving the series late last year. The reveal came during an interview about “The X-Files” and her exit from that role, the actress saying:

“It has been an extraordinary gift and I’m incredibly grateful for the existence of Scully in my life and for the gift that Chris gave me in casting me, and my friendship with David, and it’s been a wonderful run, but I’ve got other things to do.”

News about the future of “American Gods” has been slim since the Fuller/Green exit. Co-star Kristen Chenoweth has already indicated she’s unsure if she’ll be back as Easter. New showrunners have yet to be announced.

Doctor Omega

Starz Chief On “American Gods” Future

starz-chief-on-american-gods-future-696x464.jpg

With the departure of showrunners Bryan Fuller and Michael Green and actress Gillian Anderson from the series, the future of Starz’s “American Gods” remains uncertain.

The network’s CEO Chris Albrecht commented on the ongoing saga at the Television Critics Association press tour late this past week, trying to downplay the concern. He tells Collider:

“As you’ve seen, we’re having some trouble getting the second season underway, it’s an incredibly difficult adaptation of a fantastic novel, and it’s one of the reason that it took so long to get it to screen in the first place.

Bryan [Fuller] and Michael [Green], working with Neil Gaiman have done a phenomenal job, and our partners Fremantle are working out with Bryan and Michael and their schedules, a way for them to continue to be involved.

Neil Gaiman will be taking more of a central role and moving forward into a more traditional showrunner function. And we’re looking for a partner for him who can ensure that the television part gets the appropriate attention. We’re very committed to American Gods, and I’ve mentioned before it did very well for us. […] We’re hoping for many more American Gods to appear on Starz.”

That all sounded fine until Gaiman said on Twitter that despite those comments, his role will be as hands off in the second season as it was in the first. He says on Twitter:

“I’m already showrunning GOOD OMENS and I won’t be physically showrunning two shows. But I plan to work really closely with the new showrunner, and to help plot and guide and build American Gods, just as I did when Bryan & Michael came on as showrunners.

No new showrunner has yet been named, nor has a start of production or air date for the new season.

Doctor Omega

Alexander Is “American Gods” New Showrunner

Jesse Alexander has taken over as showrunner on the second season of Starz’s “American Gods”. Alexander replaces the outgoing Bryan Fuller and Michael Green who left the series after the first season.

Alexander, who previously worked with Fuller on both “Star Trek: Discovery” and “Hannibal,” will work with author Neil Gaiman on the new season. Gaiman says in a statement:

“I’m thrilled that Jesse is [the] showrunner. He loves and understands the book, he loves and understands the TV series and he’s dedicated to making future seasons of American Gods as good and as beautiful and as unique as they can be. Shadow’s journey is going to take him, and Mr. Wednesday, and the New Gods and the Old, to some very strange places. I’m glad that we, and the cast and crew, will have Jesse shepherding us on the way.”

At present, it’s not clear if anyone else will be vacating the show. Gillian Anderson has said she won’t be returning and Kristin Chenoweth has expressed a lack of interest in returning, beyond that it seems everyone else will return.

Doctor Omega

“American Gods” S2 Loses Its Showrunner

american-gods-s2-loses-its-showrunner-696x464.jpg

Starz’s “American Gods” is proving something of a mess as the premium cable network and show production company Fremantle have reportedly sidelined executive producer and showrunner Jesse Alexander reports THR.

Alexander was hired this year following the resignation of original showrunners and co-creators Michael Green and Bryan Fuller. Though technically not fired, he was reportedly asked a month ago to stop working on the series after having turned in at least seven drafts for the season two finale which were ultimately rejected.

The report indicates author Neil Gaiman was allegedly not happy with Fuller and Green’s scripts for the second season and ousted them, then hand-picked Alexander and was said to take a more direct role in the creation of the series.

Alexander began filming the new season, dumping all those previously written scripts and starting fresh, but the sub-par material that was come up with was weak enough actors reportedly ended up changing much of their own dialogue on the day of shooting.

Production on the series’ second season is currently on hiatus and is said to already be six weeks behind schedule with cast members not receiving their scripts yet for the show’s season two finale. In fact, they’re working on re-shoots and pick-ups for earlier episodes.

After Alexander’s departure, producers tried to promote someone else to the role and the trade says that person left the production almost immediately after being elevated. Due to all the delays, the drama will most likely not return until well into 2019.

Starz said in a statement: “American Gods has a deep and complex mythology and a unique visual style that makes this series one of the most ambitious productions on television, and one that we remain committed to delivering for our audience. We are confident that when the fans get their first look at season two in just a few weeks at New York Comic-Con, they will agree it was worth the wait.”