Review Aquaman (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Announced today.... A delay in the release date......

The standalone Aquaman movie has been delayed.

According to EW, Warner Bros. announced today that the film is now slated to come out on December 21, 2018, which represents more than a two-month delay from its previous date of October 5, 2018.

Doctor Omega

Dolph Lundgren Joins The “Aquaman” film

Dolph Lundgren has joined James Wan’s “Aquaman” movie at Warner Bros. Pictures.

Jason Momoa is starring as the title character, while the call sheet includes Amber Heard as Mera, Nicole Kidman as Aquaman’s mother, Patrick Wilson as villainous half-brother Orm, Willem Dafoe is Aquaman’s adviser, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is classic villain Black Manta, and Temuera Morrison is Aquaman’s father.

Lundgren will play King Nereus of the aquatic kingdom of Xebel, who claims Mera as his own and wants to kill Aquaman. The big-budget tentpole is eyeing a May production start in Australia.

Doctor Omega

Momoa Talks The Tone Of “Aquaman”

We’ve only glimpsed Jason Momoa as the new Aquaman in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” so far, but this November’s “Justice League” will change that – making the King of Atlantis a major character in the superhero team-up film.

Talking to GQ, Momoa revealed the fact that character hasn’t been seen on the big screen before made it a major draw for him to be involved in the movie:

“We’ve never really seen anything from this guy before, so it’s fun to have a level playing field. There aren’t like four Aquamans before me. I get to set the tone for it.

The guy was never really accepted on land, and he was never really accepted in Atlantis. He’s a half-breed. But he’s the best of both worlds. He just doesn’t know how to handle his powers.

So it’s kind of a coming of age for a young man to a man, or a man to a king. He’s lost a lot of things and he’s got to cope. He’s an outsider.”

James Wan helms the “Aquaman” solo film which also stars Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Temuera Morrison, Patrick Wilson, Willem Dafoe, and opens in December next year. We’ll see Momoa in full character in this November’s “Justice League”.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Despite the disappointments from DC so far I remain hopeful for all of the ongoing entries. Aquaman has the potential to be like nothing we've seen before, if its done well.

Doctor Omega

“Aquaman” Officially Begins Production

Following a photo tweeted from the set by director James Wan, Warner Bros. Pictures have issued a press release announcing the start of filming on the “Aquaman” movie on Australia’s Gold Coast.

The shoot will be done at Village Roadshow Studios which has recently served as the home for films such as “Thor: Ragnarok ,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” “The Shallows” and “San Andreas”.

The production will also make use of the facility’s new Stage 9, the largest sound stage in the Southern Hemisphere. Filming will also take place in Newfoundland, Sicily and Tunisia. A new logo for the film was also released and can be seen below.

Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Temuera Morrison, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Patrick Wilson and Nicole Kidman star.

oJ1ooZK.jpg

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
It's the film I'm most excited to see this year and seeing the whole cast makes it look even more promising.
Thanks for the continual updates Doc!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: and dancing bunnies for all Doc's hard work researching for us! :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

duzit

@Doctor Omega, Thankyou for the wonderful info.:emoji_kiss:

I'm really excited about this film. When a youngster, my 2 most favorite comic characters were Wonder Woman & Aquaman. So I'm pumped for both of these. Aquaman has a prime cast so I'm expecting a wondrous experience...:emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart:

Doctor Omega

Will “Aquaman” Feature The Trench?

aquaman-1.jpg

Turns out three villains may not be enough for Jason Momoa’s Aquaman in his upcoming solo film at Warner Bros. Pictures.

We already know that “Aquaman” will boast numerous antagonists including Patrick Wilson as Ocean Master, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Black Manta, and Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus. Today comes a new variation on an old rumor that there’s one more joining in on the action.

Superhero News claims that the film will also boast an army of sea creatures they describe as bipedal humanoids with arms, legs, fins, big heads, big eyes and very sharp teeth.

Though the creatures weren’t named by the sources, those features would match that of The Trench from the comics. Rather than full CG creations, the creatures are reportedly being done by actors wearing full-body suits and stilts, and the faces will be animatronic with some post-production CG-augmentation.

No specific plot details for the film have been revealed yet. Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Nicole Kidman and Temuera Morrison also star in the film which aims to open in 2018. The next DC film to hit cinemas is “Wonder Woman” next month with a new poster for it going online today.

duzit

@Doctor Omega

Thanks for the update DOC. This is one film I want to see on a big screen. There are not many that I will spend $ on at a theater. How in the world did they get such an ensemble of A class actors to come together for this project. I'm a fan of Patrick Wilson from his days on "A Gifted Man", a shame it was only 1 season. He's a very talented person, glad to see he finally will be in a big blockbuster.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Thanks for the update DOC. This is one film I want to see on a big screen
Ditto! We loooooove you Doc! And I'm right there with you Duz! I love JM, thought he did a great job with his Conan (even though many others disagreed) and I can't wait to see Aquaman too. In fact, I believe I said at one point that my panties are all in a twist with excitement waiting for this to come out! I'll be there for the first show on the morning that it opens! Then, as with Iron Man & The Avengers (I'm really a Marvel girl at heart) I'll wait a while until the furor dies down and go see it a couple more times after that. I did it with GOTG, JJ Abram's reboot of Star Trek and Doc Strange as well. There are some movies you just have to see on the big screen because anything else just doesn't get the job done and I love the "full picture" as it were. By the time they get to TV you can really feel the difference in the impact and watching them at home (although sweats, a comfy couch and a warm smooshy blanket to wrap up in while you watch is great)... still doesn't carry the full weight of the the movie as a whole.

:emoji_kiss: :emoji_dancer: And the DBs for Jason and the rest of the cast! :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

Doctor Omega

First Photos: Amber Heard In “Aquaman”

aquaman-amber-heard-474x600.jpeg

Amber-Heard-Mera-Aquaman-2.jpg

Director James Wan has revealed two photos of Amber Heard in full Mera costume for the upcoming “Aquaman” solo film which is currently in production on Australia’s Gold Coast.

Jason Momoa stars in the title role alongside Mera, Willem Dafoe, Temuera Morrison, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Ludi Lin, Patrick Wilson and Nicole Kidman. Wan helms from a script he co-wrote with Will Beall and Geoff Johns.

Filming will also take place in Newfoundland, Sicily and Tunisia. Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films will release the project in cinemas on December 21st 2018.

Last edited:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
All that and she kicks ass too!!!!!
I can't wait for this movie!!!!!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: Wow.... now what do I do for Aquaman? Hmmm...:emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel::emoji_cartwheel:
I'm so excited I just got dizzy and threw up all over myself..... and it was supposed to be turning cartwheels of joy......
She shoots!!! She misses!!!

Doctor Omega

“Aquaman” To Be Set Post-“Justice League”

aquaman-to-be-set-post-justice-league-696x464.jpg

In the DCEU continuity, there has been a clear progression so far in its contemporary setting. This week’s “Wonder Woman” shifts that, offering a WW1-set tale placed within 21st century bookends that take place after “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” but before “Justice League”.

So what about the other standalone films on the way. With “The Flash” on hold and still having not locked down a director, it’s not clear where they will go. James Wan’s “Aquaman” is currently filming and the question has been whether it will follow the “Wonder Woman” model or be entirely set after “Justice League”.

Speaking with Cinema Blend this week, producer Charles Roven has confirmed that the latter is the case and explains the plan:

“Aquaman will make reference [to Justice League]. There will be some reference to something that preceded Aquaman that will be in Aquaman. I believe that is the intention. James [Wan] definitely knows where he’s going with [Aquaman], and that movie takes place in a world where Justice League happened, and Man of Steel happened, and Wonder Woman obviously takes place before Man of Steel – except for the bookends we have. So that’s where we have the most ability to freeform.

We could do a movie that takes place after Justice League, we can do a movie that takes place after Batman v Superman… well not really. You can’t do a movie in between Batman v Superman and Justice League, but we can do movies that take place after Justice League and we can do movies that precede Justice League.”

Shooting is currently underway on the Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia ahead of location shoots in Newfoundland, Sicily and Tunisia. Wan helms from a script by Will Beall, Geoff Johns and Wan.

Doctor Omega

Beach Joins “Aquaman” As Stunt Video Emerges

beach-joins-aquaman-as-stunt-video-emerges-696x464.jpg

Michael Beach (“Sons of Anarchy,” “Patriots Day”) has joined the cast of James Wan’s “Aquaman” for Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Comics.

Beach has been cast as Jesse Kane, part of a group of high-seas hijackers who has a fateful interaction with Aquaman (Jason Momoa). The role is said to be another villain, but only a minor one overall with Patrick Wilson and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II taking on the roles of the main antagonists Ocean Master and Black Manta respectively.

Beach and Momoa previously worked together on “Stargate: Atlantis,” while Beach and Wan worked on “Insidious: Chapter 2”. Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Ludi Lin, Dolph Lundgren and Temuera Morrison also star in the film with Lundgren posting a short video from stunt rehearsals from the film’s set recently.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
I know that the Aquaman threads don't get a lot of hits Doc. but I want you to know how much I appreciate the work you do to keep it updated! It's one of the few movies I'm all "a flutter" about and it means a lot to me that you stay on top of it!

As always, thank you so much for all the hard work you do for us and thank you, thank you, thank you for staying!

:emoji_kiss::emoji_dancer: Have some DBs on me Doc! :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

Doctor Omega

Animal wrangler injured on the set of Aquaman after heroically saving donkey from runaway golf cart
  • An animal wrangler working on the set of Aquaman involved in a freak accident
  • Katie Brock suffered multiple fractures after a wayward golf buggy struck her
  • She was rushed to hospital from Gold Coast's Warner Roadshow Studios
  • The 54-year-old had acted selflessly pushing a donkey out of the cart's path

00.jpg

An animal wrangler working on the Queensland movie set of blockbuster film Aquaman has been seriously injured in a freak accident after being struck by an out of control golf buggy while saving a donkey.

Katie Brock suffered multiple fractures from the impact of the cart as it hurtled down a hill at the Gold Coast's Warner Roadshow Studios, The Courier Mail reported.

She was taken to hospital immediately as onlookers hailed the 54-year-old's actions as 'heroic' as she selflessly pushed the donkey out of the path of the unmanned cart.

Ms Brock suffered broken ribs and a chipped vertebrae in the collision as another Aquaman female crew member also suffered minor injuries.

Worksafe Queensland have begun an investigation into the accident.

It is believed the incident occurred on Wednesday morning on the set of Aquaman, a new blockbuster which stars Nicole Kidman as well as Amber Heard and Jason Momoa.

A spokesman for the Warner Bros studio confirmed the incident yet failed to elaborate further.

Ms Brock, originally from California, has worked on a range of movies training animals, including Peter Pan and Scooby Doo.

The accident comes after a number of troubles for the production team including Tweed Shire’s Greens Mayor Katie Milne attempting to halt their filming at environmentally sensitive Hastings Point on the Tweed Coast.

Filming in Queensland is expected to continue up until August as Kidman is due to join the set this month.