Review ASMR

Hux

Member: Rank 6
I'm putting this here coz.... um... I guess it has a spiritual aspect.

So Automatic Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is that feeling you get when someone is talking softly and you get a tingling sensation in your head, neck etc. It can be triggered by various other sounds or hand movements etc. There's a ton of videos on YouTube. I've become slightly addicted to them (especially the 10 hour long videos of rain on a tent... my favourite).

Here's just a taste of some of them (it's best to listen with headphones).

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I know that tent one, isn't cool he has a tv in there :)
Anyway, I listen to asmr to calm down or when I can't sleep, but I don't like the talking ones. I like brushing sounds and there is this guy who does amazing fast tapping.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I tried to watch an ASMR video that was a comic book discussion. I got through about a minute of it and clicked on another video. There were a couple of other talking ones I tried, but they just pissed me off. I might try the sound ones, but the talking ones annoy me. I'm certain that it has more to do with the fact that I destroyed my hearing playing in bands in the 90s, but I can't make it through a 10 minute video of someone whispering.

But as far as calming sounds, I used to have a tape of Buddhist chants I would listen to, or I would put some classical music on. I also used to fall asleep listening to Slayer, so I think something might be wrong with my brain.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
ASMR Facts: What Is Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response?

You need some tingly ASMR facts you can fall asleep to. This phenomenon called Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a big deal on YouTube! It only makes sense. You're stressed, can't sleep, and filling your head with warm tingles is your magical key into dreamland. Then again, you might also be new to this whole thing. You're siting there thinking, what the heck is ASMR? Allow me to help you out.