Spoilers Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Discussion in 'Marvel Universe' started by Doctor Omega, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Co-director Joe Russo......

3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Avengers: Infinity War

4. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

first-trailer-avengers-endgame-696x464.jpg

First Trailer......

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

7. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Potential Character Appearance Spoiler.......

Speculation running wild about Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine appearing in Avengers: Endgame

Hugh-Jackman-Avengers-Endgame-1.jpg

After hanging up the claws with 2017’s critically acclaimed Logan, Hugh Jackman had previously claimed that the only thing that would get him to change his mind and return for another outing as Wolverine would be if it was part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

So, with Disney close to completing its acquisition of 20th Century Fox (and, in the process, bringing the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four back to Marvel Studios), is it possible that we could see Jackman sharing the screen with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes?

Well, if – and we should really place an emphasis on “if” here – a Google listing is correct – not only is it possible, but it’s also going to happen this April in Avengers: Endgame!

As spotted by eagle-eyed fans, if you Google “famous Hugh Jackman movies”, then alongside the likes of Chappie, Movie 43 and Pan is one Avengers: Endgame…

https://www.google.com/search?q=famous+hugh+jackman+movies&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB725GB733&oq=famous+hugh&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.4100j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

I'll believe it when I see it, but I do have a nerd boner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

EskGM3Q.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Superbowl Teaser......

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

“Avengers: Endgame” 3-Hour Runtime Likely

avengers-endgame-3-hour-runtime-likely-696x464.jpg

Late last year, The Russo Brothers indicated their cut of “Avengers: Endgame” was looking to clock in at the three-hour mark when they finished editing, and the assumption was they were going to have to trim it down a bit further after that.

Now, the film has recently been test screened no less than four times and apparently the Russos haven’t done much in the way of additional editing – wanting to see how their full three-hour cut performed. Speaking with Collider, Joe Russo says it has done so well that Marvel is fine with the lengthy runtime:

“I think the studio is down with what the best story is. Right now, we think the movie is playing well and we’ve had great responses from our test audiences and we’re feeling very good about where it is. We’re still doing work to it. We’re not done with it.

Again, this is a culmination film of 22 movies, it’s a lot of storytelling to work into it. Emotion is an intrinsic part of that to us. When you have to tell a really complicated story and you want strong emotional moments with the characters, it just requires a certain amount of real estate. This one, in particular, feels like three hours worth of real estate.”

The film will certainly be longer than “Avengers: Infinity War” which clocked in at two hours & forty minutes, and also just won the top prize at the 17th annual Visual Effects Society Awards. Anthony Russo also added (via The Express) that for the first three of the four ‘Endgame’ screenings they had, not a single person got up to go to the bathroom.

“Avengers: Endgame” opens late April.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  13. chainsaw_metal1

New and most likely final trailer

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, I came across this on YouTube a few hours ago.

It looks... busy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. chainsaw_metal1

It does, but at three hours, I would expect nothing else for this film. I figure they're trying to find that perfect mix for the trailer, between the people who actually want to have everything from the movie spelled out for them in the trailer (you know, morons), and those of us that need to see something but don't want it spoiled. I've probably watched this trailer 6 or 8 times today, and it just gets me that much more excited to see it.

16. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

I haven't seen any of the AVENGER films yet and only so many of the other MCU films. So... :emoji_neutral_face:

And the same with the DC films. I've only seen MAN OF STEEL... And I thought it was utter crap.

In theory, I don't mind a crossover or a team up, but I'm not fond of having too many in one story. For example, in DOCTOR WHO, I thought the serials with two incarnations getting together worked better then when there was a higher number involved.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chainsaw_metal1

Watched them all, and enjoyed them all. Some are fantastic, some are just decent watches. But none of them are Twilight.
    That's because you're not a monster. :emoji_wink:

There are some good things in MOS, but overall, it's a subpar movie, and a terrible Superman movie. Snyder had an agenda with that film, which was to make me cry. And not in a good way, but in a crouching in the shower with my clothes on, retreating to my happy place, trying to tell my therapist where on the doll the bad movie touched me way.
    I would agree with you on DW, but with the superhero movies, I don't mind the team-ups. I rather like a group of heroes all together. The only team-up I really didn't care for as much was Avengers: Age of Ultron, and that was not the amount of heroes, but action moments where there was simply too much going on, and it got muddled. That, and the studio got too involved in the film, and should have left Whedon alone to craft another great film.

18. ant-mac

ant-mac Administrator
    Staff Member

1) TWILIGHT?

Do you mean that vampire film?

I heard it sucked.

2) I still miss Christopher Reeves. No one will ever be able to touch him in that roles.

Also, while dark and moody suits Batman, it doesn't work for the Big Blue Boyscout.

And in my humble opinion, if you want to bring the two of them together, you have to lighten Batman, not darken Superman.

3) I suppose it depends upon the film.

For me, my favourite superhero team-up took place in WATCHMEN.

• Like Like x 1
  19. chainsaw_metal1

You're being generous calling it a vampire film.
    I see what you did there.

And yes. Yes, it did.
    Agreed.
    Exactly!!!

20. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

• Like Like x 1