Review Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Birds of Prey

Comedian Ali Wong and “American Crime Story” actor Robert Catrini have joined the cast of Cathy Yan’s upcoming “Birds of Prey” film at Warner Bros. Pictures. Wong plays an associate of Renee Montoya (Rosie Perez) in Gotham law enforcement. Catrini’s role is under wraps.

Margot Robbie will be reprising her Suicide Squad role of Harley Quinn in the film, which also stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary, Ella Jay Basco as Cassandra Cain, Ewan McGregor as Black Mask and Chris Messina as Victor Zsasz.

Doctor Omega

Hodson On “Batgirl, “Birds of Prey” Scripts

The recent “Transformers” spin-off “Bumblebee” has been receiving very strong reviews, and while the box-office has been soft comparatively – creatively it’s seen as a big improvement on what came before.

This week the film’s screenwriter Christina Hodson spoke with CBM about the project and talked about two of her upcoming projects – the “Batgirl” and “Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn)” films at Warner Bros. Pictures. The “Birds of Prey” project begins filming in January and of it Hodson says:

“Yeah, January. Super excited. Our cast is awesome. Most of it has leaked, so you already know who’s playing who. I’m super excited about the cast, about the characters. And it’s really fun and different and honestly, I think aside from the fact that, obviously, the studio would like me to not say anything, I think it’s fun not to say anything yet because that means there’s going to be whole bunch of fun little surprises for fans and for new people to the DC universe to discover.”

Asked about how the Batgirl script is progressing, she says it’s still very much in the writing phase: “Not something I can speak to. But, yeah, I’m loving writing it, I can say that, it’s a total joy to work on. I love the character. And everyday I’m finding new things to love and get excited about.”

Doctor Omega

Photos: The Joker Is In “Birds of Prey”

photos-the-joker-is-in-birds-of-prey-696x464.jpg

The “Birds of Prey” movie is currently filming with Margot Robbie reprising her “Suicide Squad” role of Harley Quinn, and new photos suggest the return of another familiar face – The Joker.

Just Jared has posted some snaps from the set seemingly confirming the Clown Prince of Crime will make an appearance in the film.

https://twitter.com/JustJared/status/1112002993950322688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1112002993950322688&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.darkhorizons.com%2Fphotos-the-joker-is-in-birds-of-prey%2F

Jared Leto played the part opposite Robbie in ‘Squad’, but with the actor currently shooting “Morbius” in the UK for Sony & Marvel they seem to be using a stand-in (his face is obscured).

It’s not clear if the character will show his face in the final footage as his role isn’t expected to be much more than a cameo and will deal with Quinn’s breaking up with Mr. J as the scene in question reportedly sees the Joker throwing her belongings out a window.

“Birds of Prey” is set to open in cinemas on February 7th 2020.

Doctor Omega

Filming Wraps On Warners’ “Birds of Prey”

filming-wraps-on-warners-birds-of-prey-696x464.jpg

LuckyChap Entertainment has announced that production has officially wrapped on the “Birds of Prey” film from Warner Bros. Pictures.

The Instagram account for LuckyChap, Margot Robbie’s production company, also posted a photo showing off the newest logo from the DC Comics inspired film.

Robbie will be reprising her “Suicide Squad” role of Harley Quinn in the film which also stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary, Ella Jay Basco as Cassandra Cain, Ewan McGregor as the villain Black Mask, Chris Messina as Victor Zsasz and Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya.

Ali Wong, Robert Catrini, Steven Williams and Derek Wilson co-star. Cathy Yan (“Dead Pigs”) helms the film from a script by Christina Hodson (“Bumblebee”).

“Birds of Prey” opens in cinemas on February 7th 2020.