Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
No DOCTOR WHO panel at this year's San Diego Comic Con.

Jodie is "too busy filming" apparently.

She sent this chickenshi charming excuse message to explain her and Chibs' absence - and why they can't meet their adoring fans.......

For anyone devastated by the Who team's non-appearance at this year's Comic con, here is last year's panel, when the team felt a lot braver - and before any of series 11 was broadcast (which is just a coincidence of course).

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
The combination of Davies as showrunner and Moffat as writer really yielded the best episodes, even though both those men did things that pissed me off. Thinking about who the new Doctor could possibly be, let me again express my disappointment that Capaldi’s run wasn’t all it could have been. Despite the character assassination (*cough* hoodie-and-sunglasses *cough*) and lackluster scripts he was still the most Doctor-y Doctor to me.

johnnybear

Capaldi never even had his own costume!!! firstly he had that hoody crap and then a Pertwee series seven fit before looking like a Victorian jewel thief!!! The distinctive look is essential to every Doctor and yet he didn't seem to have it!!! :emoji_scream:
JB

Doctor Omega

I remember reading rumours of reported "creative conflict" between Capaldi and Moffat in the earlier part of Capaldi's reign.

There was that - to me odd - moment in the Davros story where Davros ends up saying "You are not a good Doctor!" to Capaldi's face - and I remember wondering at the time if this was a childish insult Moffat had worked into the script,(much the same as the Mickey character rather too emphatically called Eccleston "Big ears" in the BOOM TOWN script; which a newspaper of the time picked up on: personally insulting the troublesome and difficult star via the script).

I do think that the showrunners could be that petty. Venting at and insulting their "difficult" stars under the guise of character's dialogue.

Then again, I might just be reading far too much into it all! :emoji_head_bandage:

3:00 for the "insult"..........

johnnybear

Moffat, I should imagine is one of those guys who thinks his writing is the greatest thing that has ever been spawned upon this earth! It used to rub me up the wrong way every time that Matt Smith would mention how 'great' Moffat's scripts were for the past month at The Proms shows!
JB

johnnybear

That Dalek story was a disaster wasn't it! How petty was it for Moffat to make Davros open his eyes and ruin the look of the character and his long running story of the vindictive, evil, little scarred genius? (Moffat not Davros I mean! :emoji_grimacing:)
JB

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
That Dalek story was a disaster wasn't it! How petty was it for Moffat to make Davros open his eyes and ruin the look of the character and his long running story of the vindictive, evil, little scarred genius? (Moffat not Davros I mean! :emoji_grimacing:)
JB
When Davros opened his eyes, my response was quite simple...

WHAT THE HOLY FUCK IS THIS CRAP?!:emoji_rage:

Doctor Omega

article-2298399-18E86D4A000005DC-508_634x421.jpg

What would he have made of it all?

I guess the nearest we will ever get are the following quotes from people who knew him, taken from the JNT biography by Richard Marson......

JNT ON THE 1996 TV MOVIE:

"He'd managed to get hold of a preview copy of the film. He hated the story and, more than anything else, the whole idea of the Doctor being half-human. He loved Paul McGann's Doctor and the production values, but he was very pissed off too, saying, "But they've got money and time." He always felt that he'd been left to go on with it and that nobody really cared. But he said, "You know what, Gray? If this fails, at least I will not be known as the man who killed off Doctor Who."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON THE NEW SERIES:

MARK JONES: Gary (who thought it was great) told me that John would have said "That's no different to what I was doing!" I said, "Come on now, it does look a bit more expensive" and he replied "That's just technology today!"

LYNDA BARON: He knew it would happen and be a success again. He said "They'll live to regret it. It's ridiculous - a no-brainer." Television seems to have fallen off the rails a bit. It lacks JNT's. You can't have a world full of proles - you need mavericks like him. It's all gone corporate, led by clones and accountants.

SYLVESTER MCCOY: He would have been dead jealous of the money. So he would have been frustrated in one way, but also incredibly pleased that, in many ways, a lot of what we were putting into effect has carried on. You can still see the connection between 20th Century Doctors and 21st Century Doctors because of him.

SOPHIE ALDRED: If you watch SURVIVAL or GHOST LIGHT there are shades of what's happening now. The dark, mysterious Doctor who wasn't just the Doctor, not just a Time Lord or a hobo in space - that's his legacy too. He would have loved David and Matt and Karen - and all the gay references.

MATTHEW WATERHOUSE: It's interesting how many of the things they do now were initiated in his era - the attempts to have Doctor Who companions slightly more complex in terms of character. Less overt on the new series, but it is there. There are episodes I've seen that have reminded me of something John might have commissioned in the Sylvester McCoy era - really quite strange and dreamy. I think in fact in some ways his influence on the new programme is much deeper than people might assume. I think he would have loved that it had come back and was really, really successful.

MARK STRICKSON: I don't think he would have been surprised at all. You get an amazing product if you have that kind of money. Okay, you have to be creative as well, but you can't drive a mini and beat a Formula One car.

ANDREW CARTMEL: It would gut him really. He would have said "We could have done that, if they'd given us half a chance", and, in a sense, we could have, had he stood back and allowed the correct talented people to do the creative stuff. He would never have stood for Catherine Tate - he would have said "Get rid of that old trout and get some totty on there!"

SARAH LEE: I look at it and I think he would have loved the casting. Look at the performances of the current couple of Doctors (David and Matt). They are so John, aren't they? It's definitely going in the direction that he would liked to have taken it. He would probably loved to have knocked on a few front doors and said, "There you go, you see, you were wrong." I suppose there would always be a hint of sadness for him because Doctor Who is going on and doing things that he would have loved to have done. It might have haunted him a bit. He did love the show.

GRAEME HARPER: I think he would have loved the new Doctor Who. i think he would have said "That's exactly what I wanted to do, but nobody ever gave me the money!" When I was invited by Russell and Phil Colinson, by the time I had done the first block, they were the same as him and he was the same as them - exactly the same - the difference was they did it 20 years later.

jnt_-_pb_cover_all-600.jpg

Doctor Omega

DxbO_f1WoAAiGEV.jpg

Rumour just in of a planned "Hard Reboot" WHO movie, ignoring the tv show, but still with a female Doctor (not Jodie)......

Doctor Who Movie Rumored To Be In Development With New Cast

Given the popularity of the 21st century reboot of Doctor Who, it’s surprising that there’ve never been any movie spinoffs of it. There were two films produced back in the 60s, starring Star Wars‘ Peter Cushing as “Dr. Who,” but the Time Lord has stayed on the small screen ever since. But it’s possible – just possible – that this could change soon.

We Got This Covered has heard from our sources – the same ones who told us Robert Pattinson had beaten out Nicholas Hoult for the role of Batman, and that Disney was developing an Aladdin sequel, both of which we now know to be true – that a Doctor Who movie could be in the works. We’re filing this one as a rumor for now though since we can’t confirm that it’s definitely happening, only that there’s recently been talks of a project which would be disconnected from the TV series and have another actor as the time traveller. Interestingly, the idea is to stick with a female Doctor, just not Jodie Whittaker. And apparently, it would be a co-production between one of the major Hollywood studios and the BBC, which suggests the plan is to make it a real blockbuster.

Just to emphasize again, though, this is being filed strictly in the rumor cabinet given that we haven’t been able to get firm confirmation that it’s happening – only that it’s been discussed. Which makes sense, seeing as there’ve been numerous failed attempts to get the TARDIS in cinemas again since those Cushing films. Back in the 1980s and 90s, for example, both Lucasfilm and Amblin were attached to produce separate takes on the franchise.

In fact, in 2012, Fantastic Beasts director David Yates announced he was set to make a Doctor Who movie that would star a new Doctor and be separate from the TV show, much like this rumor states. Yates said at the time that his project would take a long while to develop though and wouldn’t happen for another 5-7 years. Well, here we are seven years later, so it’s vaguely possible that this rumored production we’re hearing about is the same film.

But again, we don’t have enough details to confirm that just yet. That being said, given that the intel comes to us from the same sources who also told us the leads in Ghostbusters 3 would be young teens, and that Ewan McGregor was returning as Obi-Wan back in May, we have no reason to doubt it.

Tell us, though, Doctor Who fans, how do you feel about a movie starring a different actress in the titular role? Have your say in the comments section down below.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/doctor-movie-rumored-development/amp/

Doctor Omega

a project which would be disconnected from the TV series and have another actor as the time traveller. Interestingly, the idea is to stick with a female Doctor, just not Jodie Whittaker.

Sheesh!! :emoji_disappointed:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
And just in...

At the end of the film, during the final showdown, the Doctor will ask the villain where he's hiding his ultimate weapon. The villain replies that he'll tell her, if she shows him her tits first... :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

And just in...

At the end of the film, during the final showdown, the Doctor will ask the villain where he's hiding his ultimate weapon. The villain replies that he'll tell her, if she shows him her tits first... :emoji_wink:

The comments on Youtube suggest a way of keeping the Pertwee thing canon without anyone being offended by it.....

Clearly she was harboring the notorious alien fugitive Yertitz, whom the Doctor had been searching for.
:emoji_robot: