the badwolf

Member: Rank 1
I don't know but I looking forward to meeting her, but I don't think it will kill her a companion has not been killedin a long time. I think kamilion was the last companion killed and adric the last human companion killed.

No I am not counting rory and amy as they were sent back in time and died of old age nor am I counting clara as they didn't let her stay dead or river as she died in her first episode and then kept coming back as her younger self.

I would have prefered it if clara did die but it seems killing a companion and having them stay dead is not allowed these days.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
it been far too long this time I for one can't wait not long till april
I can't say that I've missed it, to be honest.

In fact, I sort of dread its return. It makes me wonder what fresh insults will be made against the TV series that has always been so important to me.

the badwolf

I sory to here that ant but the break has been well over a year (ignoring the chistmas specials as they are never any good) any longer and we could end up with another 16 year gap.

ant-mac

I sory to here that ant but the break has been well over a year (ignoring the chistmas specials as they are never any good) any longer and we could end up with another 16 year gap.
To be honest, I'd be fine with that.

The TV series should have ended at THE TIME OF THE DOCTOR.

the badwolf

Nooo not many would have been happy with cancelation particularly if instead of regenerating into 12 the doctor was killed. (no producer has the right to kill the Doctor)

But if it ended with the regeneration that would suck too maybe yiou don't like capaldi but you might like 13

ant-mac

Nooo not many would have been happy with cancelation particularly if instead of regenerating into 12 the doctor was killed. (no producer has the right to kill the Doctor)
There are some things that are worse than cancellation. I would argue that what RTD and Steven Moffat have done to the TV series could be considered amongst these things. In any case, a good TV series needs a beginning, a middle and an end.

Look at the TV series BREAKIN' BAD for instance. It knew when the time was right. Better to go out on a high than to stagger on like a drunken sailor on a Saturday night in port, not knowing when he's had enough.
But if it ended with the regeneration that would suck too maybe yiou don't like capaldi but you might like 13
Matt Smith was 13, that's why the Time Lords had to give the Doctor a new set of regenerations. And I like Peter Capaldi fine. With the possible exception of John Hurt, he's probably the best actor to be cast in the role since New Who began. He is more like a Classic Who Doctor than a New Who Doctor. It's just his stories that are mainly crap.

For me, the issue isn't about an individual Doctor, it's about DOCTOR WHO as a TV series.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Did anyone else spot the face of the female Ice Warrior at about 20 seconds in?

There is also a rumour that the Movellans may be back too...

I wonder how they will screw them up?

Last edited:

the badwolf

Matt smith is only 13 because Moffat decided he wanted to do the story that was the end of the regeneration set so had 10.5 count and even then had to add in another doctor personally I would have prefered 10 to regenerate instead of creating 10.5 but at least creating him allows tennent to come back in a few years as a baddie.

But even then no show runner has the right to kill the doctor for good. we always knew if the doctor ever ran out of regenerations he would get more, the master ran out years ago but still manages to regenerate.

BJS

my suggestion to Big Finish was that they feature Adelaide, South Australia, in a future audio and i suggested to their social media guy that the audio could reference the Beaumont Children Mystery, either using Tegan's Australian background or mentioning that although the Doctor was unable to save the Beaumonts, the killer was used as target practice for Strax or Madame Vastra etc.

ant-mac

my suggestion to Big Finish was that they feature Adelaide, South Australia, in a future audio and i suggested to their social media guy that the audio could reference the Beaumont Children Mystery, either using Tegan's Australian background or mentioning that although the Doctor was unable to save the Beaumonts, the killer was used as target practice for Strax or Madame Vastra etc.
It's a nice thought, but I doubt you'd get very far with that. Besides, Tegan is a Queenslander. Of course this doesn't mean she can't have relatives in South Australia. After all, I live in SA but I have relatives who live in Queensland.

If you want some extra support for your idea, have you considered contacting Exxilon - or SFSA? It used to be known as the South Australian Doctor Who Fan Club. They might be able to help you in your quest.

However, have you considered the possible affect such a project might have of members of the family and the general community? It may have been over 50 years since the children disappeared, but there might still be raw emotions about it in the general community.

Doctor Omega

I am too, but the cynic in me is certain that they will find some way in the script to **** it up! Either innapropriate quips about their appearance during a moment of jeopardy or mocking comments about their voices, either from the Doctor or his two "brilliant" new companions.

Well, you know the score Ant-mac!

Such a shame when an image like the above is a fan dream come true!

But I am glad that at least Capaldi got his way and finally will get to meet the Mondosian cybermen!

And I also love the way Capaldi is posing as if it is a tenth anniversary Radio Times front cover! :emoji_alien:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Ducking further Doctor Who threads till I catch up on the Christmas special - this is me, fingers in ears going lalalalala

Doctor O - you speak of the long-lost-to-civilisation entity know as the Radio Times - I am somewhat moved by nostalgia

Doctor Omega

Here you go Carol....

Back from the days where there was only one version of the cover of course, before they started trying to sell us about eight or more variant covers with different Doctors on! :emoji_alien:

Carol

BRILLIANT! (hmm, must be quoting some Doctor or other...)

That's a hugely fun anthology of covers in a very short space of time, thank you for all the effort, and of course, for including a bonus #2 Master.
I wonder who did win the day out, and what they got up to

ant-mac

I am too, but the cynic in me is certain that they will find some way in the script to **** it up! Either innapropriate quips about their appearance during a moment of jeopardy or mocking comments about their voices, either from the Doctor or his two "brilliant" new companions.
Oh, absolutely. You just know that twat, Steven Moffat will not be able to help himself.

And if Bill continues to display the same traits as were on show during that brief introductory piece, it will all become very old very quickly. However, on a positive note, there's always the chance that she may become the second companion to die in a Cyberman serial... :emoji_wink:

However, I'll be watching that serial for the sake of Peter Capaldi, Kit Pedler, Gerry Davis and a strong sense of nostalgia. So Steven Moffat can go and stick his opinions about what modern DOCTOR WHO should be right up THE LAIR OF THE ZARBI SUPREMO. :emoji_nerd:
Well, you know the score Ant-mac!
Yes, unfortunately...

However, we can but live in hope that Steven Moffat's head will become dislodged from its present location.
Such a shame when an image like the above is a fan dream come true!
A fan like Peter Capaldi.
But I am glad that at least Capaldi got his way and finally will get to meet the Mondosian cybermen!
I wonder just how expensive this meeting will be for his incarnation?
And I also love the way Capaldi is posing as if it is a tenth anniversary Radio Times front cover!
Unfortunately, I only have a couple of copies of the DOCTOR WHO twentieth anniversary copy of the Radio Times, both safely sealed away in their plastic bags for the past thirty-four years or more. I must get one out and have a look at it again. It must be at least thirty years since I last looked at one. If I remember correctly, there was a rather good short story in it, featuring the Master and the Cybermen.

If only Steven Moffat had used that for his inspiration, rather than the crap we ended up getting a few years back...:emoji_angry:

ant-mac

Ducking further Doctor Who threads till I catch up on the Christmas special - this is me, fingers in ears going lalalalala
No, it was MOONLIGHT that won BEST PICTURE. :emoji_wink:
Doctor O - you speak of the long-lost-to-civilisation entity know as the Radio Times - I am somewhat moved by nostalgia
You should see my collection of DOCTOR WHO annuals, books, calendars, comics, jigsaws, magazines and general merchandise from the 60s, 70s and 80s. That would make you real nostalgic.

Doctor Omega

And if Bill continues to display the same traits as were on show during that brief introductory piece, it will all become very old very quickly.
BILL: Cloth faces!

DOCTOR: (Trying to hold back the deadly cyber hoard that will show them absolutely no mercy if they get through, with his now all too powerful sonic screwdriver that is emitting some stupid pulse or other.) What?

BILL: They've got cloth faces!

DOCTOR: (Looking at her, while still busy trying desperately to save them both from either an agonisingly painful death or total cyber-conversion.) Yes! Yes, I know!

BILL: Why?

and on and on...... Sigh.........

Carol

You should see my collection of DOCTOR WHO
Haha! Got the Oscars joke even though I haven't seen either film - nice one.

Show and tell, sweetie - I have a battery driven Dalek in a cupboard at my mum's somewhere, a golden Dalek broach that lives in a box with my Apollo mission badges and my Lady Penelope spycatcher pendant, and don't ask what lurks alongside my Blue Peter, Noggin the Nogg and Pinky & Perky annuals... you show me your nostalgia and I shall counter with total regression!

And, of course memories, the actual memories....