Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Wow!

Everybody involved in this new season thinks it's brilliant! Especially Moffat.

MOFFAT: "It's Doctor Who at it's - in a way - at it's most storybook simple!"

PEARL MACKIE: We've got some pretty hairy moments! We've also got a lot of humour as well.

MOFFAT: It's Doctor Who at it's purest, I would say.

Awesome!

Oh, hang on...

We've been here before....

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Wow!

Everybody involved in this new season thinks it's brilliant! Especially Moffat.

MOFFAT: "It's Doctor Who at it's - in a way - at it's most storybook simple!"

PEARL MACKIE: We've got some pretty hairy moments! We've also got a lot of humour as well.

MOFFAT: It's Doctor Who at it's purest, I would say.

Awesome!

Oh, hang on...

We've been here before....
I'm sorry, I fell asleep halfway through that YouTube clip.

And again halfway through reading your transcript of that YouTube clip.

And yet again halfway through typing my...

Doctor Omega

We've got some pretty hairy moments! We've also got a lot of humour as well.
I think that this is the most telling - and daming - quote...

It is when the latter constantly undercuts and undermines the former that a show can lose all sense of jeopardy, tension and drama.

And I think that this is the curse and bane of the modern show.

We're being attacked by Daleks who are really, actually going to kill us?

Let's trade quips and smart-arsed one liners while that is happening to us.

Ditto all the forthcoming monsters this season.

Cue quips from Bill about the cloth faces of the Mondosian Cybermen.

Sigh.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Let's trade quips and smart-arsed one liners while that is happening to us.
The Doctor can make the odd quip, because he's put in the time and earned the right.

Meanwhile, the new companion has earned the right to shut the fuck up and do what they're told by the Doctor.
Cue quips from Bill about the cloth faces of the Mondosian Cybermen.
Let's see how funny she thinks it is when she's looking out from behind her very own cloth mask...

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
The Doctor can make the odd quip, because he's put in the time and earned the right.

Meanwhile, the new companion has earned the right to shut the fuck up and do what they're told by the Doctor.

Let's see how funny she thinks it is when she's looking out from behind her very own cloth mask...
I really hope that clip was just a joke.

Doctor Omega

Yes, if I was being chased by a Dalek, and been told that they are lethal....I would make sure was more interested in the sucker than the gun, ask why they used the word exterminate. And comment on how fat they are re: door frames..... :emoji_confounded:

Doctor Omega

Just awful. I felt so sorry for Capaldi. I thought that there was a sense of doing a Colin Baker all over again and making the Doctor deliberately unlikable.

I didn't think Danny Pink was played by a very good actor either and had little chemistry with Clara. I couldn't tell the difference when he became a Cyberman.

The whole Missy thing and the Cyberbrig.

Poor Peter. I feel that this season mortally wounded his era and that he has never recovered from it.

Doctor Omega

A slight improvement on Season 8, but still too much Clara and yet another "We're going to kill the companion, but we're not really!" gimmick.

The loss of a season the following year was not Capaldi's fault, but I can't help thinking that something was amiss for the BBC even to consider missing a year in the first place.