News Dracula: MINI-SERIES ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'TV: Announced' started by Doctor Omega, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

00001.jpg

Your thoughts on this mini-series.....

A new event series adaptation of Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel classic “Dracula” .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

“Sherlock” Team Plan New “Dracula” Mini-Series

“Sherlock” creators and “Doctor Who” producers Stephen Moffat and Mark Gatiss are re-teaming for a new event series adaptation of Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel classic “Dracula” for BBC One in the UK and Netflix worldwide.

The one-off will consist of three feature-length episodes. Piers Wenger and Charlotte Moore commissioned the series, which is written and created by Moffat and Gatiss who released a statement saying: “There have always been stories about great evil. What’s special about Dracula is that Bram Stoker gave evil its own hero.”

Countless adaptations of the work have hit the big and small screen over the years. In the last five years alone Jonathan Rhys-Meyers played the role in NBC’s short-lived series “Dracula,” Christian Camargo took on the part in Showtime’s “Penny Dreadful,” Graham McTavish voiced the character in Netflix’s “Castlevania” animated series, and Luke Evans played a spin on him in the big-budget feature “Dracula Untold”.

3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Shotgun.

Barn.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

5. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

I hate myself, but I will watch this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

I'm just imagining what the writing process is like.

"What if, instead of them killing Lucy, they are able to bring her back to being human?"

"Steven, are you daft? Her death is a catalyst of sorts, which shows the horror that Dracula has brought to England, and reinforces their efforts to destroy him in the end!"

"Ah, yes...let me bounce something off ya, Mark...what if...we don't kill Dracula in the end, eh? What if...they find a cure, like a crack in the wall, or..."

"Fuck off, mate! I knew I should have written this with Stephen King! At least he knows how to kill someone off without getting all weepy over it!"

• Love it! Love it! x 1